Thursday, November 1, 2007

SWEET CREAM BISCUITS



SWEET CREAM BISCUITS
MAKES ABOUT 12 BISCUITS



All-purpose flour 284 g (I don’t like to measure the flour by using cup but if anyone want it is about 2 C)
Baking powder 1Tbsp
Sugar 2 Tsp
Salt ½ Tsp
Cold heavy cream 1¼ C
Heavy cream for brushing
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Pour the cream over the dry ingredients; use a fork to toss the ingredients together, until you’ve got a nice soft dough. Then using your hands to give the dough a quick, gentle kneading 3 or 4 turns will be enough to bring everything together.
Dust a work surface with flour and turn out the dough. Dust the top of the dough very lightly with flour and pat the dough out with your hands until it is about ½ inch high. Use the 2-inch-diameter biscuit cutter to cut out as many biscuits as you can. Transfer the biscuits to the lined baking sheet. Gather together the scraps, working them as little as possible, pat out to a 1 thickness and cut as many additional biscuits as you can; transfer these to the sheet. Brush the top of the biscuits with cream.
Bake the biscuits for 14 to 18 minutes, or until they are tall, puffed and golden brown.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Pook,
    Have been baking for many years and finally found the perfect scones recipe! Thank god.The scones rised beautifully and I've never been happier in my life.Still moist and soft the next day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    First of all, thank you so much for your recipes that you share with us!
    I live in Europe and I need to bake in metric, so in my conversion table, the 1 cup and a quarter of cream would be more or less about the quantity stated for the flour in this recipe. Is it true?
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, lilianatimofte64
    Yes, it is very confusing for baking with cup while you can find the same one that use in Us. So, I convert the recipe for you here, you will need 280ml of cream for this recipe (1cup equal 225ml).
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, again
    Thank you so much for your answer and yes, I was right. On my scale it will be the same weight. So, it is so easy to remember this recipe, after I make it once. (for ex if I use half a kilo flour, I shall use half a liter cream, of course adjusting the baking powder, salt and sugar.I shall let you know the result of baking with these quantities).
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...