Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cooking for one: Teriyaki style chicken steak

 Easy menu for this weekend ^^, I think that you can make it too. 
There was a time that I thought cooking is hard, but it turned out to be easier lately (not that I get use to it), because now I understand that I don't have to be a master chef or try to make complicating dish to impress anyone. Cooking for ourselves or our family, we don't have to think about making the perfect dish, just put our heart into it ^^. Make something that we can enjoy together or something that you love to eat. 
When I know that it's the way I want to cook, reading recipe don't scare me like before, if I don't have some ingredients or I don't like it, I don't have to use it, hehe. Cooking is versatile than baking, it depends on our taste (I know that there is about chemistry too, but after all it depends on how we like it), while baking depends on both our taste and the chemistry of each ingredients (changing amount of sugar can turn the cake into disaster or etc.). But I try to follow the recipe as much as I can, then after making it I know what I want to change or make an adaptation. 
This time I make some dish that I really like it, Teriyaki style chicken steak, it's easy to make it with simple ingredients (that you should have them if you love to cook Japanese food).  Actually I didn't cook for myself only but I give you the recipe for 1 and if you want to cook for more people you can add up easily. For the marinade when cooking more than one you may not need to add up full amount, just make it enough to cover the chicken and turn the chicken from time to time so it will be flavored with the marinade (I don't want you to have too much waste). 
Serve it with a bowl of steamed rice, and if you like sprinkle Shichimi togarashi (Japanese chilli mix) over the chicken will make it more delicious ^^. 



 Teriyaki style chicken steak 
Serve 1 


1 .............................. Chicken thigh (without bone)

Marinade
1tbsp ....................... Shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
1tbsp ....................... Japanese sake
1tbsp ....................... Mirin

................................ Oil for frying

Sauce
1tsp ....................... Shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
1tsp ....................... Japanese sake
1tsp ....................... Mirin
1tsp ....................... Sugar

For serving
............................... Steamed rice
............................... Sliced cucumbers 
............................... Shichimi togarashi (Japanese chilli mix) (optional)


Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken, let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
When ready to cook, mix the sauce ingredients together, set aside.
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or until the outside is cooked through, then cover the pan for 3-4 minutes. 
Remove the cover, pour the sauce mixture into the pan and let it cook until reduce and thicken, turn the chicken piece to coat with sauce from time to time.
Take the chicken out of the pan and slice then place over the rice, sprinkle with  Shichimi togarashi (Japanese chilli mix) and serve with sliced cucumbers.  

Cooking for one: Teriyaki style chicken steak 

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm your teriyaki chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting, I'll try this recipe soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dailydelicious! Thanks a lot for this recipe, I love Japanese food and recently I was cooking according to this recipe 10 minutes teriyaki chicken I mean how this guys cooks, it looks pretty authentic to me. But I am in searching for new ways to cook chicken currently. Thanks a lot for this post, the pictures are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Teriyaki recipe ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is highly useful for me. Huge thumb up for this blog post!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...