Tuesday, September 10, 2013

You asked for it: Home made Cornflakes crunch

 It looks like food for children, but if you try it you will know that it suits everyone.

 Actually it's a request from one of a reader, ^^, and you know that I love request. But tell you the truth, it's not easy to make all of them suddenly after getting the request. It depends on the family members (they want to eat it or not), and the ingredients too. 
This time, Home made Cornflakes crunch, it's very easy to make (and my family will love to eat it) but the point is I have to find the right recipe, I made about 3 time before getting this one. The first time, it turned out too oily, the second too floury and finally the third I got my Home made Cornflakes crunch recipe, hehe. It's close to the crumble, but beside from flour or nut, you use the cornflakes. You can have it as breakfast cereal (but it's more delicious than simple cornflakes I can guarantee ^^), eat it on hand as a snack (my sister eat a cup of it), or use it instead of crumble over a baked fruit. I make it 3 times now after I got the right recipe, because my niece really love it, she ate bowl after bowl until I had to tell her to stop, haha. 
I give you a small portion because some people don't own large oven, you can double the recipe easily, but don't make a lot of them at once, if you have to bake them in one pan by piling them up because the cornflakes won't dry and the flour won't be cooked perfectly. 



 Home made Cornflakes crunch 


 85g ........................ Cornflakes
40g ......................... Plain flour
50g ......................... Milk powder
35g ......................... Superfine sugar
2g ........................... Salt
70g ......................... Melted unsalted butter








Preheat the oven for 140°C.
Line a pan with baking paper.


Put the cornflakes into a bowl.
Sift together plain flour, milk powder, superfine sugar and salt together into the bowl, mix to combine and crush some of the cornflakes while mixing.
Pour the melted butter into the bowl, mix to combine.
Put the mixture into the prepared pan, bake for 40 minutes, turn once after 20 minutes.
Take the pan out of the oven, let it cool completely before keep the Cornflakes crunch in airtight container. 



You asked for it: Home made Cornflakes crunch 

1 comment:

  1. that sounds easy and delicious! YUM! I would definitely eat this for breakfast =D

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...