Monday, September 16, 2013

Chocolate chips shortbread: Simply delicious

 Yesterday while I read a book my niece came near me and told me that she wanted to eat cookie. I told her that you have to wait because I have to make it for you and she answered me that "I will drink water instead" haha.

 Wow, I didn't know what to talk, but I just can't let my niece down, so I baked her cookies. Many people like shortbread, the buttery taste and crumbly texture, it's so simple but addictive. You don't need much ingredients to create good one, but most of the recipe will call for rice flour or corn starch, the secret ingredient that give the cookie crumbly texture. Because rice flour or corn starch don't contain gluten, adding them will soften the structure of the wheat flour ^^.
This time I don't want to make plain one, so I decided to add the chocolate chips into the batter, well, the reason is because I love it, haha. Making cut out cookie need time, but not working time but waiting time. Don't rush, if the dough soften and you can't cut it refrigerate it until firm. Perfectly chilled dough will give you a reward of perfect shape cookie ^^. 
Serve it with anything your heart decide, a cup of milk, tea or coffee, I promise you enjoy it anyway. 

Recipe: 
 CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD
สูตรภาษาไทย:  ช็อตเบรดช็อกโกแลตชิพ

日本語のレシピ: チョコレートチップスショートブレッド

Youtube: ช็อตเบรดช็อกโกแลตชิพ, CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD, チョコレートチップスショートブレッド


 Chocolate chips shortbread
Makes 35-40 pieces


 200g .......................... Unsalted butter
1/2tsp ......................... Salt
100g ........................... Superfine sugar
260g ........................... Plain flour
40g ............................. Rice flour, or corn strach
60g ............................. Chocolate chips
................................... Superfine sugar for sprinkle on top of the cookies




Line baking sheets with baking paper or silicone baking mats.
Sift plain flour together with rice flour.
 Beat the butter until soft then add the sugar and beat until light in color.
Add half of the flour and mix with mixer.
 Add the rest of the flour with chocolate chips, fold to combine.
Roll the dough between 2 sheet of baking paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Cut the dough into 5.5cm round, and place on the prepared baking sheets.
Before baking preheat the oven for 180°C.


Bake for 15-18 or until golden.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with superfine sugar immediately.
Let the cookies cool completely on the sheets.

Chocolate chips shortbread: Simply delicious

3 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...