Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fromage Cuit: Mini soft cheese cake, lovely small cake.

You will love to eat this, ^^, well I can be sure if you love to eat cheesecake. Actually last week, there are many people ask me for the cheese cake recipes (many varieties too, haha).

 I rarely make cheesecake, even I really love to eat it, but I still find it hard to eat a lot of it.
So, after receiving request, I took the books out of the shelf, and try to find the one that I want to make, esp. small recipe. Because one of the reader ask me for the cheesecake that's not heavy but not very light as the Japanese souffle cheesecake, so I try to look for that kind of recipe (I still didn't have a chance to taste the cheesecake from the hotel that she told me about, ^^, this recipe is just a doubt from me, hehe).
I find this one in the book: ...................... The Fromage Cuit, a mini baked cheesecake, that's not so light as the souffle one, but not heavy as the other type of baked cheesecake. 
The key to make this cake so special is the amount of the egg white and the baking temperature. This recipe use only 1½ of egg white, and after turn them into the meringue we will mix them with the base until smooth. The cakes won't puff up as much as the souffle but still soft and light. The oven temperature is very important. Some of my cheesecake puff up too much and they crack, so using the low temperature will reduce this problem to happen. Anyway if your cake puff, reduce the temperature a bit, but don't worried too much, they still fine (and delicious to eat, hehe).
I think a piece of mini cheesecake will make you happy and because it's very small 2 pieces of it can make you happier too, ^^.



 


Fromage Cuits
Makes about 15 -18 pieces (5cm)


10g ................................ Cake flour
5g .................................. Corn starch
40g ................................ Sugar
........................................ A pinch of salt
2tbsp ............................. Milk
60cc ............................... Whipping cream
3 ..................................... Egg yolks
225g .............................. Cream cheese
45g ................................. Butter
5g ................................... Corn syrup
........................................ Seed from ¼ of vanilla bean
1½ ................................. Egg white (about 50g)
25g ................................. Sugar
........................................ Sponge cake for using as a base
........................................ Simple syrup


Preheat the oven to 120 °C
Line the side of the pans with baking paper, cut the sponge into 5 cm, and place in the pans, sprinkle with syrup.
Whisk the cake flour, corn starch, sugar, vanilla seeds and salt together.
Pour the whipping cream and beat to combine, follow by th egg yolks, whisk until smooth.
Process the cream cheese and butter together until smooth, pour the egg yolk mixture and corn syrup into the bowl and process until smooth.
Whisk egg whites and sugar until soft peaks form. Fold the meringue and cream cheese together until combine and very smooth. 


Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the cakes are light golden.
Take the cakes out of the oven and pull the baking paper out immediately.
Let them cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Fromage Cuit: Mini soft cheese cake, lovely small cake.

20 comments:

  1. i love your simple and cute cheesecake. Thks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very addictive and damn pretty cute cheesecakes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty mini cheesecakes! Look soft & yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. I notice that there are no instructions as to when to add the corn syrup. Can I leave that out or substitute with something else as I don;t want to buy corn syrup just for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Thank you for your question, ^^" I forget to type it.
    The corn syrup will be added with the egg yolks mixture into the food processor bowl.
    If you don't want to buy it, you still can make it but the cake will be less moist (a little bit), I think it still OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this recipe. Sometimes my cheesecakes tend to shrink after I take them out of the oven. Is there a trick to it? And do you know how to prevent the top from ripping?
    Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your cheesecake shrink, you need to reduce the oven temperature ^^.
    About the ripping, when reduce the temperature the top of the cake won't puff up while baking and it will be less ripping too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the advise! I´ll try them again, this time with less temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your baking, you're really a pro! I'm going to bake these cute mini cheesecakes for our gathering. May I aske if you're using a convection oven, as the temperature you mentioned is only 120C. I'm using a convection oven. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Ailay
    I didn't use convection oven and if you want to use the convection oven for this recipe you will have to reduce the temperature to 100C, instead of 120C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was busy baking these delicious mini cakes on Sunday and missed your kind reply. The first batch I baked at 120C for 45 minutes but the top was not golden brown. Increased to 130C and still nothing happen. My last attempt, baked at 155C and the top was golden brown but due to too long baking the bottom was dry,haaa... My second batch and last batch I baked at 130C for 26 minutes and last 4 minutes increased to 155C and voila! I made double recipe because I double the basic sponge cake. Everyone was complimenting it. Thanks to you for sharing. I'll definitely bake again as it's so easy. May I know if you have a double lining for the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I'm so happy that you love it ^^. For your question, I didn't double lining the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    Thank U for very very good recipe. I have a problem with pulling the baking paper out. The filling was pulled out together with the paper, Where was my error? Could I make a bigger cake ( 9" pan) and then which is baking duration and temperature?
    Thank U in advance

    ReplyDelete
  14. It will be better to use silicone coated baking paper, it won't stick at all ^^.
    For 9 inches the baking time will be 60-70minutes, anyway it's an estimate the real time can be more or less.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, this looks delicious!
    Is it possible to adapt this to matcha flavour? Can it be made in a 7 inch pan?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, you can add matcha into the batter, for the pan, I think 7inch is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,

    I was wondering if they should be baked at the bottom rack?

    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  18. Actually, it depends on your oven, ^^.
    If the top heat of your oven is very high, place in bottom will be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,
    I know I really shouldn't ask this, but is it possible to use glucose instead of corn syrup?
    Sorry for this question regarding substitution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use glucose instead of corn syrup in this recipe.

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...