Sunday, May 8, 2011

Frozen Tiramisu: Love it! Love it! and Love it!

 OK! I know that I can't stop making the Tiramisu, haha, ^^, it's one of my favorite dessert that I make it very often too.

 But this time I try to make it different, it comes in a frozen form. This is my second time for this recipe, I really love it. First I tried to find the Tiramisu Ice cream recipe, and tested 2 recipes of it, but I they didn't fulfill my need. Then I think that maybe I just want to have the frozen one ^^, and luckily I saw the recipe in the magazine (Women weekly), it's the answer for my prayer, hehe. 
Making the Frozen Tiramisu is the same as making the simple one, but the different is they can be molded as cake (not in the pan). I think it looks great and very good for any party too, because you can prepare it before time.
 The Mascarpone cream for this recipe is very light, so you will be surprise, just like me and my family members, that you can eat a big piece of this cake without feeling heavy. 
If you love Tiramisu like me ^^, I believe this recipe is one of the best recipe that you should try and a word of warning, you can find yourself finish almost half of it, and feel so happy!!!
Note: If you don't have the pan with removable bottom you still can make this one, just reverse the layers. Chill the Mascarpone cream for 1 hour before layering (the cream will thicken a bit, so the ganache will stay in place). Pour the Mascarpone cream, ganache and sponge, repeating the layers to finish with sponge on top, that will be a base when you turn the cake upside down to unmold it before serving.





 Frozen Tiramisu 
Make 21 cm round cake




4 ..................................... Egg yolks
2 ..................................... Eggs
110g ............................... Sugar
300ml ............................ Whipping cream
250g ............................... Mascarpone
2tbsp .............................. Kahlúa
2 x 21 cm sponge cake (1cm thickness)
Syrup
2tpsp ............................... Instant coffee granules
4tbsp ............................... Boiling water
2tbsp ............................... Kahlúa
Ganache
100g ................................. Dark chocolate
80ml ................................. Whipping cream
Topping
100g Dark chocolate, grated for sprinkle on top 

  Grease a 21cm round pan with removable bottom; line with baking paper, line the side of the paper, extending paper 5cm over the sides. 

  Ganache: Boil the whipping cream, then take it from the heat stir the chocolate in until smooth; cool. 

 Place one of the sponge cake in the pan and brush with combined coffee and boiling water, and drizzle with half of the cooled Ganache
 Combine egg yolks, eggs and sugar in a medium heatproof bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water, Using electric mixer, beat mixture for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy, Remove from heat; cool .
  Beat cream, mascarpone and Kahlúa in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; transfer to a large bowl. Fold egg mixture into mascarpone mixture. 


. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over;. Repeat layers with sponge, syrup, Ganache and remaining mascarpone mixture,. Cover; freeze overnight. Before serving, remove tiramisu topped with the grated chocolate. -


Frozen Tiramisu: Love it! Love it! and Love it!

37 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love it, i bet it tastes like a tiramisu cheesecake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it tastes like Tiramisu ice cream. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh my lover,i love you so much and love this tiramisu too.I `ll make it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should try this..Any substitute of kahlua?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvellous,additive icecream for the sure..

    ReplyDelete
  6. look really good :) you make amazing dessert ya know

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jes
    you can omit it if you don't drink alcohol, or use other brand of coffee liqueur.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I saw this! I am a new follower of your blog and hope you'll visit ours soon!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this looks heavenly..i love tiramisu and i looooove icecream cakes..so a frozen tiramisu is a dream come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pook, is it dificult to cut this frozen tiramisu into slices?Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not hard to cut it ^^, but you can make it easier by warm a knife in a hot water and wipe it then cut the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I discovered your blog few weeks ago and I was amazed by the wonderful things that are coming our from your hands. I would like to make this Tiramisu icecream but without the sponge cake. Do you think will work? Have you ever tried without it?
    Thanks,
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, C
    Yes you can do it, but you will lack some of the coffee flavor in this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pook, I made it. I made actually a almond sponge cake as I had to replace the flour with the almons flour. I came out very nicely and the overall result was delicious. Everyone was: "mmmmmmmm". Thanks for sharing this with us! :)
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pook,I want to ask that how high this tiramisu,thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi pook, may i know what sponge cake recipe u use?
    Thanks,
    moon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pook,i already try this resipe 2 times..my husband soooo love it,thanks for post great resipe everytime.Almost everyday i will check your blog,wonderful blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can I replace sponge with lady fingers?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, you can use the lady fingers instead of the sponge cake.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I just completed this tiramisu but I suspected my egg mixture not beaten well as it was bubbly and not so creamy like the pic u shown it here. Do u think it is normal?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You will have to whip it longer until it reaches the ribbon stage ^^, like the way you whip it when you making a sponge cake.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no! Is my fault not patient enough haha..I'm going to taste it tonight. Do u think still can eat?:p

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think that it's edible, ^^, but the texture of the cake will be a bit grainy than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi hi! I just tasted it and gave some to my neighbour and they likes it..very nice..thanks for sharing..btw, I used lady fingers instead of sponge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tried to make this cake yesterday but failed. When i beat the cream & mascarpone together, the whole thing curdle within one minute of beating & the more i beat, it became watery. I don't know what went wrong. Please help

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some brand will have that problem (like Tatua), you will have to use a spoon or spatula to soften it without beaten it, ^^. Then fold it together with egg and whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I made this and it was awesome. Like tiramisu ice cream cake. One slight change I made was to add a vanilla bean to the cream before I whipped it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yvonne, not sure, was the cream cold and the cheese soft/room temp? I whipped the cream a bit to almost soft peaks before I added the mascarpone, at which point it became very thick and almost stiff. But when I added the egg/sugar mix the consistency was right, like a thick custard.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Anonymous
    ^^, I'm so happy that you like it.

    Hi, Anonymous
    The texture that you get is right, it's not very thick.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome! i am your avid fan.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...