Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Langue de chat with white chocolate filling


I bought this Cat tongue cookie stencil a long time ago, well, whenever I see new bakeware, baking tools, or accessories, I can't stop buying them even though I don't know when will I use them.

The beginning of this habit was when I started baking, it was not easy to find bakeware, baking tools, or accessories, so I always bought all of them from aboard (my suitcase was packed with baking pans and tools, haha). Anyway, some of them are still in their package as I don't have a chance to use ^^" because I have a new one that is made from better material.
Now I have a problem with my storage room, but it's hard for me to give all these things away as I think that it's not good enough. So all I have to do is find a new space to store it, haha

Let's talk about today's cookie.

I think many of you will think about 白い恋人 (Shiroi koibito) a famous souvenir from Hokkaido, yes, it's the same, thin cat tongue cookie with white chocolate ganache filling. But if you love to eat sweet souvenirs from Japan, you will know that there are many variations for this cookie, different flavors of cookie and filling, I really love the imagination of Japanese people ^^.

Because there are a lot of variations to choose from, I think it's good to start with this basic one (anyway, my heart said green tea, haha, but I keep it for next time).

The recipe is close to tuile or cigarette cookies but you can see that it has more flour. Make the meringue with the egg white before mixing it with the other ingredients adds stability and air to the batter too.

You may think that 38 sandwich cookies is a lot but the cookies are very thin, you will finish them real soon, hehe.



Langue de chat with white chocolate filling
Makes 76 pieces of cookies or 38 sandwich cookies



Cookie
60 g ...................... Unsalted butter
1/8 tsp .................. Salt
22 g ...................... Granulated sugar
55 g ...................... Cake flour
15 g ...................... Almond powder
60 g ...................... Egg whites
30 g ...................... Granulated sugar

White chocolate ganache
55 g ...................... White chocolate
17 g ...................... Whipping cream

Decoration
............................... Coating white chocolate



Meanwhile preheat an oven to 180℃
I use upper and lower heat.

Put the butter and salt into a bowl and beat until smooth.

Add the granulated sugar (22g) and beat until combined.

Sift the flour and almond powder into the bowl.

Beat to combine. Set aside.

Put the egg white into another bowl and beat until foamy. Add the granulated sugar (30g) gradually.

Beat until you get firm and glossy meringue.

Add the meringue into the butter bowl in 3 additions.

Beat until fully combined.

Place a Cat tongue cookie stencil (4.5x4.5 cm. per piece) on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.

Spread the batter over the stencil.

Remove the stencil and repeat until you used all the batter (you will get about 76 pieces).

Bake in the 180℃ preheated oven for 10 minutes.


Let the cookies cool completely.

Melt the white chocolate in the microwave (600w for 1.30 minutes).

Warm the whipping cream in the microwave ((600w for 15 seconds). Pour the whipping cream into the chocolate bowl and mix slowly until combined.

Pour into a piping bag and let it cool completely.

Pipe the ganache over the half of cookies.

Sandwich with the rest of the cookies. Refrigerate until the ganache becomes firm.

Decorate with melted coating white chocolate. Let the chocolate firm before serving.



Langue de chat with white chocolate filling

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...