Friday, August 26, 2022

Orange Almond Cake


One thing that I like about baking is I can use my imagination to create something I want to eat.  

Thinking, making, and tasting, I love all this process. Esp. when the thing that I imagined is coming out delicious. 

This time is a combination of orange and almond ^^
The idea started from the peach financier that I bought from a Japanese sweet shop, the look is so cute, the taste is good and I want to make something like this, haha, but I want it to have more punch.

After using my imagination, my conclusion is orange.

I use candied orange as it comes with a peel that gives a really fresh orange flavor to the cake. Anyway, I have to tell you that I rarely make candied oranges by myself, as it takes time and homemade ones is one good for keeping. But the commercial one can be too sweet and becomes hard so I mix it with hot water before using it.

For this recipe, I choose to use shortening, and you can switch the cake flour to gluten-free flour to make this cake dairy and gluten-free ^^.

The cake comes out really good, hehe, the taste of the orange is so fresh and vibrant, I suggest serving it with a cup of hot tea. 



Orange Almond Cake
Makes 7



Topping
60 g ....................... Candied orange 
1 tbsp .................... Water

Orange almond cake
30 g ....................... Candied orange
1 tbsp .................... Hot water
55 g ....................... Rice bran oil shortening
1/2 tsp ................... Salt
60 g ....................... Icing sugar
10 g ....................... Honey
70 g ....................... Egg whites
40 g ....................... Almond powder
30 g ........................ Cake flour
1/2 tsp ................... Baking powder




I use King rice bran oil shortening.


Cut 60 g of candied orange in half, and put it into a bowl with water. Cover and heat in the microwave (600W) for 30 seconds.


Dry them on a paper towel.

Preheat an oven to 200℃
Brush 7 of 8 x 5 x 2 cm. oval pan with Rice bran oil shortening.


Cut 30 g of candied orange into 5 mm. pieces and mix with hot water. Set aside.


Put rice bran oil shortening and salt into a bowl and beat until smooth.


Add the icing sugar and honey and beat until fully combined.


Pour the egg whites into the bowl and beat to combine.


Sift the flour, baking powder, and almond powder into the bowl.


Put the cut candied orange pieces into the bowl.


Fold to combine.


Divide the batter into the prepared pans and place the candied orange half on top.


Bake in the 200℃  Preheated oven for 17 minutes.


Remove from the pans and let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.


Orange Almond Cake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...