Monday, December 20, 2021

Jam Shortbread

 Last week I baked a lot! 

But when I spent most of my time in the kitchen, I didn't have enough time to edit the video ^^". 
Lately, I use more time for editing and shooting the video, as I want to make it more beautiful (at least in my opinion, haha). Anyway, I still have a lot to learn, and I am still far from what I want. 

Because I had a load of mulberry jam (made from mulberry from my garden), so I had to find a way to use it ^^. 

This simply filled cookie is very easy to make, just cut and roll the dough and put it into the pan. You can use any kinds of jam that you like, but I think a fruit-packed jam (not a thin one) is the best. 
It's easier to cut the cookie while it is still hot, and you can cut it with a cute cookie cutter if you want. 


Jam Shortbread
18x18 cm pan



100 g .................... Unsalted butter (Room temperature)
1/4 tsp .................. Salt
1/2 tsp ................... Vanilla extract
100 g ..................... Granulated sugar
1 ............................ Egg
200 g .................... All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp .................. Baking powder
100 g .................... Jam



Beat the butter with salt and vanilla until smooth. Add the granulated sugar and beat to combine.

Add the egg and beat to combine.

Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl.

Fold to combine.

Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces.

Place the dough on baking paper.

Roll between the baking paper with a rolling pin.

Roll each piece into 18x18 cm. 

Freeze for 1 hour.

Before baking, preheat an oven to 180℃. Using upper and lower heat.

Have ready 18 cm. pan.

Cut the baking paper to fit the 18x18cm pan.

Place the dough into the pan.

Spread the jam over the cookie dough.

Place another piece of the dough over the jam

Press lightly.


Bake in 180℃  Preheated oven for 40 minutes.


Remove from the pan.


Cut into pieces while it's still hot.
Let the cookie cool completely before serving.



Jam Shortbread

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...