Monday, December 13, 2021

Banana cake

Last week I’d just received my second shot of vaccine.

And I had a fever for 3 days and couldn't do anything much^^"
I never thought that the side-effect would be this much, and that's the reason I didn't post anything for a week.

Today's recipe is not a new one, but it's one of my favorite banana cake recipes, that I think that if you love banana cake I really want you to try.
I usually baked it in a larger pan and get thin cake, but this time I want my cake to be thicker so I use a small pan instead.

As the cake is a lot thicker than before, the baking time is longer and I think it's good! Because the cake stays in the oven quite long the side of the cake becomes brown and fragrant while the inside is soft and fluffy. I think I love it more than before, haha.

Hope that I will get better this week as there are many recipes that I want to try. So, bye for now, see you in the next post with new (and yummy recipes).


Banana cake
18 cm round cake



195g ............................... All-purpose flour
1/2tsp ............................ Baking powder
1/2tsp ............................ Baking soda
1/4tsp ............................ Salt (omit, if using salted butter)
130g ............................... Unsalted butter or salted butter
130g ............................... Granulated sugar
1 ...................................... Egg
1tsp ................................. Vanilla extract
190-200 g ........................ Banana (ripe), peeled
85g .................................. Whipping cream
1tsp ................................. Lemon juice or vinegar
1 ...................................... Bananas for topping
......................................... Sugar, for sprinkle on top of the cake




Preheat an oven to 180℃. Using upper and lower heat.

Have ready 18 cm. Pan (Brushed with butter lined the base with baking paper)


Mix the whipping cream and lemon juice together. Leave for 15 minutes.

Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together.

Beat the butter, vanilla, and salt until soft, add the granulated sugar then beat until light in color.

Add the banana and beat until combined.

Put the egg into the bowl and beat to combine.

Put half of the sifted flour mixture into the bowl and beat to combine.

Pour the whipping cream and lemon juice mixture into the bowl and beat to combine.

Put the rest of the sifted flour mixture into the bowl.

Beat to combine.

Put the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Cut the banana in half and place it on top of the cake. Sprinkle with the sugar.

Put into the oven and bake for 60 minutes.


Let the cake rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.


Let the cake cool completely.



Banana cake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...