Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Green tea White chocolate muffins

 I think simple baked good always brings me comfort, both when making it and when eating it ^^.

 As you know that I'm renovating my house right now, and there are a lot of problems ><, well I know it will go (anyway I have to wait for 2 month, haha) but sometime it's too much for me. I always think about baking when I need comfort. Something soft, sweet and fragrance (and quick), and nothing will be better than a piece of muffin. It's quick and easy to make, so there is no stress for me.
I choose Green tea and white chocolate as both of them are mild in flavour but give the muffin great taste and aroma. The texture of this muffin is dense but not dry as we add the white chocolate ganache into the batter too.
You can make it in standard size or mini one ^^, I give the baking time for both of them. For me I think small one is better as I can eat one of them in one sitting. Serve this muffin with tea is recommended.


Green tea White chocolate muffins
Makes 7-8 (standard muffin) or 14-16 (mini muffin)


30g ................................. White chocolate
30g ................................. Whipping cream
70g ................................. Butter
60g ................................. Granulated sugar
1 ...................................... Egg
90g ................................. Cake flour
4g .................................... Green tea powder
2g .................................... Baking powder
50g .................................. Macadamia nuts, lightly roasted and chopped
.......................................... White chocolate for sprinkle on top

Preheat the oven to 170°C
Line muffin pan with baking cups.
Sift flour, green tea powder and baking powder together.

 Put white chocolate and whipping cream into a microwavable bowl, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds (600w).
Remove from the microwave and stir until fully melt.

Beat butter until soft add the granulated sugar and beat until light in color.
Add the egg and beat until combine.
out half of the flour mixture into the bowl, fold to combine.
Add the white chocolate mixture and fold to combine.
Pour the rest of the flour mixture together with chopped Macadamia nuts into the bowl and fold to combine.
Divide into the prepared muffin pans, and sprinkle white chocolate on top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes for standard muffins and 15-18 minutes for mini muffins.

Green tea White chocolate muffins

4 comments:

  1. Can I put something else if I don't have green tea powder? This sounds so good recipe and my mom would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I have already bake these muffins twice, because they are so delicious. Thank you for the recipe.
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I have already bake these Muffins twice, because they are so delicious. Some of them I decorated as Ninja Turtles and my son was enthusiastic about them.^^
    So I want to say Thank you for the recipe.
    Best wishes,
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mari, can I know how you decorate the muffins as Ninja Turtles? I'm trying all ways to get my 3yr old son to eat cakes/breas :) ur method seems v interesting n I would like to try

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...