Saturday, July 28, 2012

雪苺娘(ゆきいちご): Yuki Ichiko: Strawberry and cream Daifuku

 One of the reason that I love request is I have a chance to make something new and interesting ^^, some of them I never known about it before until someone send me the request.

 This time it a "雪苺娘(ゆきいちご): Yuki Ichiko: Strawberry and cream Daifuku". After I saw it I think that I have to make it, haha. But it's not easy to create something when you can't find the right ingredient -*-, the recipe that I adapted from is come from 雪苺娘(ゆきいちご), that use the Shiratamako (白玉粉) for making the Daifuku dough. Shiratamako (白玉粉) is not simple glutinous rice flour, it had been processed and mixed with other kind of starch, it comes in granule form than powder. First I think that it will be good to use the Shiratamako (白玉粉) too, but I change my mind, it will be better if I can find the right substitute. Finally I find the suggestion from Justhungry.com. But it's not that easy, the first time I couldn't make the Daifuku dough, the texture was not right and I couldn't warp it.
Anyway, I got it right this time, ^^. I think the most important step is when heating the dough in the microwave, watch the texture of it carefully, because after first 2 minutes, you will need to heat it again (30 seconds each), I heat it for 3 times but from the fact that we use different brand of microwave, you will have to decide how many times that you need to heat it until getting the right texture. 
I really recommend you to use small strawberries, as it will be cute and easier to warp it too.
My recipe is a guide, you can use more cream or make more Daifuku dough ^^, it depend on your taste and the size of your strawberry.
PS. Really love this, very soft, I already ate 2 of it by now, haha, great with a cup of hot tea.

雪苺娘(ゆきいちご) 
Yuki Ichiko: Strawberry and cream Daifuku
Make 8-9 pieces (depend in the size of your strawberry)

Daifuku dough
85g ..................................Glutinous rice flour
15g .................................... Corn starch
70g .................................. Granulated sugar
200g ................................ Water


Whipped cream
150g ................................ Whipping cream
15g ................................... Icing sugar


1recipe ............................ Soft sponge cake
8-9 ................................... Small strawberries
........................................ Corn starch for dusting the Daifuku dough to prevent sticking 
 Mix together Glutinous rice flour, corn starch, and sugar, whisk to combine.  Slowly pour the water into the flour bowl, whisk to combine.
Cover the bowl with plastic warp and put in the microwave, heat for 1 minutes, take the bowl out of the microwave, stir the mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic warp and put in the microwave, heat for another 1 minutes, take the bowl out of the microwave, stir the mixture


 The mixture will be thicken, using the spatula to stir it, then cover the bowl with plastic warp and put in the microwave, heat for 30 seconds, take the bowl out of the microwave, stir the mixture, do it for 2-3 times more until the mixture is very sticky.
Line the pan with baking paper and sprinkle with corn flour.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using your hand to spread the mixture into the pan, cover with plastic warp, let it cool completely 
Cut the sponge cake into small rounds, and whip the whipping cream with icing sugar until soft peaks form.


Line the cup with plastic warp, stretch it gently so it will be large enough to cover the filling, place the daifuku dough onto the plastic.
Pipe the whipped cream into the center and place the strawberry and sponge cake over the whipped cream, and warp the dough around it.
Place the daifuku seam side down on a plate dusted with corn starch, and repeat with the rest of the ingredients. 
 雪苺娘(ゆきいちご): Yuki Ichiko: Strawberry and cream Daifuku

7 comments:

  1. wow! This is the purest, most precious thing i have ever seen! I looove strawberry daifuku:')

    By the way,wont the cream leak out? Its so soft! How did you do it? hahahaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these before too! they are so yummm. The mochi skin dried out the next day, do you know how to keep them soft and moist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I think, keeping it in an air-tight container will help delaying the drying speed of the skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this recipe last night. It does not work.:( I think something wrong with the proportion of water in the dough. It results the dough too wet and sticky though I had put it in freezer for 15 minutes. Sad to throw it all to dustbin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I don't know why, ^^", I made about 3 times before. But it can come from the microwave, you might need to heat it more, it will drier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much. I will try it and let you know the result.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...