Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brown sugar mini muffin with coffee glaze: Little treats, with a big smile!!

Oh! I love this ^^. I always love the taste of brown sugar, it didn't have a sharp sweetness as the white sugar and it makes cake super moist too. Actually I bake these muffins when I feel I need a little treat for myself. It's different from other muffins esp. on its softness.

I think the key that makes this muffin so soft is Crème Fraîche, as I told you that after I started making it, I can't stop using it, haha. I use it in any recipe that calls for sour cream, buttermilk or yogurt (and start to use instead of milk too, hehehe) Don't have to ask me about the calories I just stop paying attention to it lately, haha. I believe that when you're happy your health will be better too (but as I said a moderation is a must, eat the thing that you want but not too much so you will be able to eat it for a long long time).
The original recipe comes form the book: ....................... my favorite author, that I just seen to forget about her lately. Actually I didn't forget, I just have too many things, I want to do but they aren't come from her books, haha. 
So, I think it's a good time for me to make some simple recipe from her book and make it better, so I take this book out of the shelf and add a magic ingredient into this muffin and yes, I love it more than before.
The taste of the brown sugar from the muffin goes along very well with the coffee glaze, I think they are born to be a pair. The size of the muffin is so small that you will be happy to have 2 or 3 pieces like me.
I suggest you to serve this muffin with a cup of hot coffee and a lot of smile on your face, and I know that you will get a bigger smile from the people you serve this to.





Brown sugar mini muffin with coffee glaze
Makes about 14 mini muffins



110g ............................... Cake flour
1½tsp ............................ Baking powder
60g ................................. Unsalted butter
50g ................................. Brown sugar
1 ...................................... Egg
45g .................................. Crème Fraîche
½tbsp ............................. Honey
.......................................... A pinch of salt
Coffee glaze
30g .................................. Icing sugar
⅓ tsp ............................... Instant coffee granule
1tbsp .............................. Hot water

Preheat the oven to 170°C 
Put paper case in 14 mini muffin pans.
Sift cake flour and baking powder together, set aside.

Beat butter salt and sugar together until light in color, add the egg, beat to combine.
Pour the honey into the butter and beat to combine. 
Add the flour to the butter in 3 parts, alternating with the Crème Fraîche
 Divide the batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or golden and spring when touch lightly.
Let the muffin cool on a wire rack.
Mix the hot water and instant coffee granule together, add the icing sugar and stir to combine.
Drizzle over the muffin and serve with a smile^^.
Brown sugar mini muffin with coffee glaze: 
Little treats, with a big smile!!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pook you always steal my breathe away with your bakes and photos! the muffins are a smash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pook, those muffins look GREAT!! (: (: (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally agree with what you said that we shouldnt stop ourselves from eating the food that we love even you know it's not too healthy sometimes..just know our limits. pretty muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muffins looks damn cute and marvellous..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with the galze, how lovely to look at and to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jess
    Thank you ^^.
    Hi, The Sweetylicious
    Thank you
    Hi, Lena
    Yes, and our life will be happy !!!

    Hi, Priya
    Thank you

    Hi, Jenniferla
    Oh' I wish you could taste it :)

    Hi, Swee San
    Thank you
    Hi,

    ReplyDelete
  8. like your blog, and your muffins, thanks for sharing, wish you have a nice weekend^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I replace the cake flour by normal flour?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pook!
    Can you tell me how the Creme Fraiche affect to the texture of the muffin and would it be ok if I just skip it from the recipie?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, AnitaH
    If you want to use plain flour, substitute 20g of plain flour with corn starch.

    Hi, Anonymous
    You can use plain yogurt or sour cream but the cake will be drier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like your blog, and your muffins,esp the glaze,love them! thanks for sharing, I think I'll bookmark this if you don't mind ^^

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...