Saturday, October 17, 2009

Banana Caramel Muffins:When both of my favorite flavor comes together,

After making the caramel sauce, I always think about making this muffin. Actually, I love banana and I love caramel (and I love many things more ^ ^, chocolate, nuts, apple, etc. oh, we will talk about them later, haha).

I made caramel nut muffins and apple and toffee muffins before and they are delicious - look like I'm crazy about caramel and it's true-, so I think this one will be a good combination again. Or I really believe that almost everything will be good with caramel, and I can think about trying more caramel recipe ^ ^.

You might think that when we add the caramel into the mixture it will become very sweet, but the truth is this muffin is not too sweet. You can even serve it with more caramel sauce to show your love for caramel!
By beating the egg before adding other ingredients, it make this muffin lighter than simple pour it into the batter (but if you can't beat the egg into the ribbon stage, don't worry, your muffin will rise anyway).

So, if you love this two flavor like me, you will love this muffin too.



Banana Caramel muffins

Makes 8 ( 5x3.5cm muffin tins)


½
Banana
1
Egg
20g
Caster sugar
40g
Unsalted butter (melted)
50g
100g
Cake flour
½ tsp
Baking powder


Preheat the oven to 170°C
Put the paper case in the 8 - 5x3.5cm muffin tins.
Sift the flour and baking powder together, set aside.


Put the banana in the plastic bag and mash it with your hand, set aside.

Beat the egg until light, add the sugar and beat until ribbon stage.
Fold the butter and follow with caramel sauce, fold gently until combine.

Put the mash banana into the batter, fold to combine, and pour the flour mixture into the batter, fold again.
The mixture will be lumpy, but everything will mix through.

Put the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Serve plain or with more caramel sauce if you like!


Banana Caramel Muffins:
When both of my favorite flavor comes together,
all I get is delicious muffin!

4 comments:

  1. hi, would i have to alter any of the ingredients if i add more bananas? i am thinking of doubling/tripling the amount of bananas

    ReplyDelete
  2. ty for ur recipe... by d way, i like ur blog... ur always post us d full details. ty so much for ur sharing. i tried tis recipe, and i found tat i will be more good wit more bananas ^^ and it can make 4 big size muffins. i will try it again. ty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    First of all, I love your blog! I love baking too and I'm always looking for recipes, so that's how I got here. I like all the pictures you add.
    I have a question about the oven temperature. Are you using a fan-forced oven?

    Greetings, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use conventional oven for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...