Saturday, August 9, 2008

Apple and Toffee Muffins: They are good for everyone


Everyone have their weak point, for me I always love the bake goods with apple, I love the taste of bake apple. But I have the problem most of the recipe for this kind of recipe will require cinnamon, which my sister (who is my best customer, haha) really hate it. So, if I want to make them, I have to promise not using it. But this muffin can pass her rule, because there is toffee bit in it and that’s my sister weak point, too. Right now we get a recipe that can make us both happy.

Apple and toffee muffins
MAKES 12


2
eggs, beaten
80g
caster sugar
240ml
milk
100g
butter, melted
300g
plain flour
2 tsp
baking powder
½ tsp
salt

good pinch of cinnamon (I use a small amount: you know why)
2
eating apples, such as Cox’s or Granny Smiths, peeled, cored and finely chopped
50g
toffee, broken into small pieces


Pre-heat the oven to 19O°C 375°F/Gas mark 5. Line a 12-hole bun or muffin tin with paper cases.


Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix the apple into the flour mixture, and set aside.
In a bowl, beat eggs with milk, sugar and melted butter. Pour all at once into the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.


Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them a quarter full, then top with a few pieces of toffee, and cover with the rest of the muffin mixture until the paper cases are half full.

Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden.
Cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy this sounds so delicious, and quite easy to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...