Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Deep chocolate rosebuds: Because my love is deep and delicious!

I have a love for chocolate (and I know many of you are the same ^ ^). So, to show my love, I need to do something, haha. Oh, ok, I tell you the reason why I doing this cakelets.

I got my new book! (again), from my favorite author:................... you might see it from the bookstore by now.
Anyway, I just have to try some recipes, to make sure that the recipe in this book and be trusted like her other books (I have all her bible series ^ ^, and I love them all). I choose the recipe that I like, this small chocolate cake. I like both the appearance and the flavor, imagine the little cake with a chocolate ganache, I really fall for it.
And the result is great, this small cake is very rich with chocolate flavor, the texture of the cake is so moist (because it contained a lot of butter, haha) only small bites will make you happy!
So, let me give this recipe for you my friends my reader, because I love you deeply and deliciously ^ ^.



Deep chocolate rosebuds
Makes 25
(I use the silicone pan 4x3 cm per piece)


MAKE THE DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE PUDDLES
Dark Chocolate Ganache Puddles
MAKES: 3.5 ounces /100 grams
42g
dark chocolate, 60% to 62% cacao, chopped
58g
heavy cream



Heat the chocolate until almost completely melted. Use a small microwavable bowl, stirring with a silicone spatula every 15 seconds (or use the top of a double boiler set over hot, not simmering, water, stirring often-do not let the bottom of the container touch the water). Remove the chocolate from the heat and, with the silicone spatula, stir until fully melted.
In a 1-cup heatproof glass measure in a microwave or small saucepan, heat the cream, stirring often, until warm (110°F/43°C). (Don’t worry if it gets a little hot; it will just take longer for the ganache to cool and thicken.) With a silicone spatula, gradually stir the cream into the chocolate. Allow the ganache to sit uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened to the consistency of softly whipped cream.

Whisk for a few minutes to lighten and firm the texture so that it holds its shape like buttercream. Cover and set aside at room temperature until ready to use.

MAKES THE CAKE BATTER

Batter

21g
unsweetened (alkalized) cocoa powder
¼ cup
boiling water
2
large egg yolks, at room temperature
1½ tbsp
water
¾ tsp
pure vanilla extract
78g
cake flour (or bleached all-purpose flour)
100g
superfine sugar
1tsp
baking powder
¼ tsp
salt
71g
unsalted butter

Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
Mix the cocoa and water in a medium bowl, whisk the cocoa and boiling water until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. To speed cooling, place the bowl in the refrigerator. Bring it to room temperature before proceeding.

Put the liquid ingredients in another bowl, whisk the yolks, the 1½ tablespoons of water, and the vanilla just until lightly combined.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, (I use hand mixer) mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the butter and the cocoa mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 1½ minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Starting on medium-low speed, gradually add the egg mixture in two parts, beating on medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients and strengthen the structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Pipe or spoon the batter into the prepared pan cavities (they should be about half full) and smooth the surfaces with the back of the spoon.

Dab ½ teaspoon the ganache onto the center of each. (Any leftover ganache can be chilled until firm enough to roll into instant truffles. Roll them in unsweetened (alkalized) cocoa powder, if desired.)
Bake for 13 minutes, or until the cakelets spring back when pressed lightly with a greased fingertip.
Let the cakelets cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Unmold them onto a serving plate or wire rack that has been coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Serves warm or at room temperature.


Deep chocolate rosebuds: Because my love is deep and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! really deep and delicious! So creamy and moist. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...