Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dorayaki for my Doraemon

If you ever read Japanese comic (Manga), you may know about this sweet treat, which is the favorite of Doraemon (ドラえもん, the cute robotic cat, who has a lot of gadgets which can solve many problem for Nobita), and my favorite, too.


I like to make it myself than purchasing it, because my Dorayaki doesn’t has any chemical taste, and it’s more delicious when freshly make (plus, I can put the feeling more or less up to my mood). It’s easy to make if you know how to make a pancake, it’s almost the same. The different is the sweetness and honey fragrance, plus the filling (a sweet azuki bean paste, which you can buy at supermarket or make it by yourself). Due to a lot of sugar in the batter, the pancake will brown quickly so watch carefully and use low heat to prevent burning.

Dorayaki
Makes 6



120 g
Cake flour (sifted)
2
Egg
100 g
Sugar
1 tbsp
Honey
50 ml
Water

Oil for frying
360 g



Beat the egg and sugar until thick and light in color and add the honey, beat to combine.



Mix the water, whisk to combine follow by the flour and whisk to combine.
Tap the bowl to release some air from the batter, cover with cloth and let the batter rest for 30 minutes.



Stir the batter lightly to loosen it.
Fry the pancake over low heat, when the pancake has bubble all over, flip the pancake. And fry the other side until golden.
Place the pancake on the wire rack until finish with all the batter.



Spread the red bean paste on one pancake cover it with another to make a sandwich.

4 comments:

  1. I made this for our breakfast, it's delicious minus the fact that my paste are too dry :P

    May I check if your batter is thick after resting? Mine is somewhat like condensed milk's consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your batter is too thick, you can add a 1-2tbsp of water. I think it can be the size of the egg ^ ^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.

    If i make this. Will it sill in good condition/ taste good if I keep it for long time? About 1month or more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    A month will be too much, ^^, only a week is Ok.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...