Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 43 : Meringue....Whip me if you can!!!!!!, "MarronChoco"

Last week, I just couldn't make anything like this, haha, well because of a cold, I have to rest than playing around in my kitchen.

MarronChoco 
But I can't stay like that any longer, it's time for the Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 43  Meringue....Whip me if you can!!!!!!, that our host wants to play with egg whites. Actually I don't know that I do the right thing or not because she want us to use the meringue in our cake.


But for me, I think about meringue in different views, if you ever notice, there are many things that start from meringue,   Dacquoise, Macaron, chiffon cake, sponge cake, buttercream (Swiss and Italian), pancake etc. How can I put all of them in one dessert! Anyway I know that I can't, haha, so I think about what I really can. Finally, I choose only 3 of them in my cake, starting by using the Dacquoise as a base, it's a meringue with a lot of nut and icing sugar, bake into a thin layer cake. Then I make the Italian meringue buttercream but this time, I really dream about something in light chocolate taste, I don't want to over power it, the chestnut and chocolate both of them, have to support each other. So, I add chocolate ganache into the buttercream, make it softer and have a lightly chocolate taste. The last part is a meringue it a simple recipe that I use it for decorating the cake.
The taste of cake is quite mind, ^^, the light chocolate buttercream goes very well with the chestnut, and the taste of the dacquoise acts as base, sweet but not standing out. I think this kind of cake will go well with a cup of tea, it's a taste that make you feel relax (Ok, I start to go crazy, haha, but for me the taste of food really stimulate my mood). 
If you think that meringue = sweetness, just try this recipe, you will look at the meringue in different way.



"MarronChoco"
Makes 25x8 cm cake

 Dacquoise
165g ............................... Egg white
40g ................................. Granulated sugar
120g ............................... Almond powder
85g ................................. Icing sugar
14g .................................. Cake flour
150g ................................ Streamed chestnut, chopped
Cocoa syrup
40g .................................. Simple syrup
1tbsp ............................... Crème de cacao
Light chocolate buttercream
half the recipe of Italian meringue buttercream 
40g ................................. Dark chocolate (50%)
40g ................................. Whipping cream
......................................... A pinch of salt
Decoration
half recipe of ................. Plain basic Meringue
......................................... Chopped almond


Preheat the oven to 200°C
Line 28x28 cm baking pan with baking paper.
Sift together almond powder, icing sugar and flour, set aside.
 Whip the egg white until foamy, slowly add 40g of granulated sugar, whip until firm peaks formed.
Add the almond mixture, divide into 2-3 time, fold until combined.
Spread the batter onto the prepared baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes.
Take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool slightly. Peel off the parchment paper while it is still warm, it is difficult to remove sometimes when they have completely cooled.


Making the light chocolate buttercream:
 Boil the whipping cream in the microwavable cup (heat it in the microwave for 50-60 seconds), then pour the chocolate into the cup stir until melt.
Make the  Italian meringue buttercream  then slowly add the chocolate ganache and salt into the buttercream, beat until combine.


Cut the  Dacquoise into 3 equal pieces, sprinkle with cocoa syrup. Spread the buttercream over the cake and put the chopped chestnut over the buttercream, then place another  Dacquoise on top, repeat with cocoa syrup, a layer of buttercream, meringue, thin layer of buttercream, Dacquoise , and finally buttercream the top and sides. 
Refrigerate until firm, then cut into desired pieces, then decorate with meringue.
MarronChoco

Chicken Farm Baker's Project # 43 : 
Meringue....Whip me if you can!!!!!!,  "MarronChoco"

8 comments:

  1. Mniam mniam... Today you have served delicioussss:) As always:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another to die for cake! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! What's your plan with the leftover egg yolks? Any recipes to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Alina
    Thank you

    Hi, Passionate About Baking
    Thank you

    Hi, Lynn C
    This one I made from my leftover egg white (I have a lot of them, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pook,

    Am just catching up with all your posts as I have been very very busy lately. I read the big hoo-ha over the "copyright" issue. I found it most amusing.. there are millions of professional and home bakers and cooks around the world and I doubt every recipe that they have are from 'legitimate' sources ie. through the purchase of a cookbook. Not that we do not buy cookbooks BUT we can't buy every single cookbook that we want particularly in some countries where the cost is high due to the exchange and shipping cost.

    Also, I doubt people actually are so cheapskate as to only collect recipes this way. If they come across one that interest them, they may just flag it down and try it out. The author/person must be a pretty insecure person.. the fact that he expressed his dislike and also the fact that he commented anonymously.

    Continue to do what you are doing. Like many readers & viewers, I admire your passion and especially for the time & effort that you put in in all your posts. Your website is on my bookmark bar (top) and that says alot when people do that.

    Thank you Pook. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your support Angela KL.
    I'm so happy that many people understand what I do ^^, and I get so many support after that incident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job but...
    This name was created by me on the date 23/12/2007 on ClubPenguin(Site of Game)
    Do not want you to take the name I'm just warning you ^^
    This is not a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Marronchoco
    Sorry about that, I just thinking about the ingredients ( Chestnut and chocolate) when creating the name, didn't think that it is your pen name ^^.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...