Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuna Muffin: Soft and warm, comfort food from your oven!

Soft and warm from the oven, that's the way that I like my muffin to be ^^. Muffin is best on the day that it's made,  and with this small recipe, I know that you can finish them in one day.

Tuna Muffins 
I got this recipe from ..................., well, I can't stop myself from buying her book, hehe. I love her easy baking style, it's so homey. I have all of her books, I know that most of them are the same -*-, but finally I just bought it again. Anyway this one is a bit different, even it still got her signature product like biscuit and muffin, there are a room for some cake and dessert, and I think it's a good reason for me to buy it, right? 
I choose to make "Tuna muffin" from the book,  ^^, it looks so good. Muffin is very easy to make, you can see there are many kinds of method, many recipe is using wet and dry, for this time the method is the same as making butter cake. So, if you can make the butter cake, you will be able to make the muffin too ^^. But you can see that the butter and sugar is not as much as butter cake, so the result is the muffin will be drier, so it's best when freshly made from the oven. Serve it warm from the oven, while it's still soft and moist, and you will see why many people love to make muffin.




Tuna Muffin
Makes 7-8 (depend in the size of your tin)
60g ................................. Tuna chunk (canned in oil type)
50g ................................. Negi (Japanese bunching onion), white part only, chopped
1 ...................................... Egg (about 60g)
180g ............................... Cake flour
2tsp ................................ Baking powder
120g ............................... Milk
80g ................................. Unsalted butter
25g ................................. Granulated sugar
1/4tsp ............................ Salt
......................................... Freshly grounded black pepper


Preheat oven to 180°C. 
Place the paper cases in the muffin tins.
Sift the flour and baking powder together.
Tear the tuna into small pieces.
Put the negi in the microwavable bowl and heat for 1-1.30 minutes, until soft.
 Beat the butter, sugar, salt and pepper until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and beat until combine.
 Pour 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter bowl, fold to combine follow by 1/2 of the milk, fold to combine.
Add half of the flour fold to combine, then add the rest of the milk, fold to combine.
Add the rest of the flour with the tuna and negi, fold to combine.
Spoon into the prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the bamboo stick insert into the center come out clean.
Serve hot or warm from the oven. 
Tuna Muffins

Tuna Muffin: Soft and warm, comfort food from your oven!

12 comments:

  1. First time dengar tuna muffin.. dari gambarnya, nampak so delicious.. Blh lah cuba satu hari nanti.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great! maybe i should buy her book also to learn new thing and improve my skills hihi.
    this is a good muffins .. TUNA @@

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting - tuna in a muffin! A must try! Thanks1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always excited to open your blog everyday to find new recipes. I've tried many of your recipes and post my iteration on some of them on my blog. I'm very new to blogging and you are great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i seldom eat savoury muffins but tuna sounds like a good place to start :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very intersting muffins with tuna. Must try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like this recipe, but can i use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, but you will have to replace about 10% of all purpose flour with corn starch. It will make the flour lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, love this recipe a lot! can I replace the in salted butter with yogurt? If yes, then what should be the right mix, 80gm too?

    Cheers,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried this today..... Super yummy !!! Love it so much !

    Emely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just made those for dinner tonight after finding the recipe on Pinterest! Very good! Will add it to my "recipe box" :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...