Friday, March 9, 2012

Honey Fruit Cake: This is what I do when I found something in my fridge!

I just realize that I still got a box of Macerated Dried Fruit Mix in the fridge. Last year (ok, about 3 months ago, hehe), my sister told me to make fruit cake and I didn't use all the macerated dried fruits.

Honey Fruit Cake
And I forgot about it, until today ^^", well sometime forgetfulness is my best quality, haha. I know that I don't want to keep it longer, because I will forget about it again. So, I think about making something easy (as I told you I'm a bit busy with my work lately, really don't like this situation -*-, I need more time to bake!!!!!!). 
Whenever I want to make something, small, delicious and easy I use the book from ................ and this time the recipe comes from ...................... It's a simple fruit cake with honey, and almond, both of them make the texture of the cake better, the honey makes the cake moister and almond give a great subtle nutty taste with a crumby texture. 
I brush the cake with warm apricot jam and decorate with almond, but it depend on your taste, ^^.
Using Bundt pan is a bit tricky, but if you butter and flour the pan well, the cake will come out of the pan beautifully, trust me.




Honey Fruit Cake
Make 15-16 cm Bundt cake

90g ................................. Cake flour
30g ................................. Almond powder
1/3tsp ............................ Baking powder
100g ............................... Unsalted butter
75g .................................. Granulated sugar
2 ...................................... Eggs
1 ...................................... Egg  yolk
20g .................................. Honey
.......................................... A pinch of salt
100g ................................ Macerated Dried Fruit Mix
1tbsp ............................... Rum


 Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Butter and flour the Bundt pan, set aside. 
Sift together the flour and baking powder, set aside.
 Beat the butter with sugar and salt until fluffy and light in color. Add 1 egg beat to combine, add the almond flour beat to combine.
Add another egg and egg yolk into the bowl, beat to combine.
 Pour the honey into the bowl beat until combine, then fold in the flour mixture with the Macerated Dried Fruit Mix and rum.
Put the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the bamboo stick insert into the center come out clean.


Honey Fruit Cake


Honey Fruit Cake: This is what I do when I found something in my fridge!

12 comments:

  1. W(`0`)W It looked so nice and attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, this is a unrelated question. i remember u mentioned before abt mini cheesecake pan sold in true value store? my nephew is going to Bangkok this weekend. is it sold in K village? thanks

    a cheeselover

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how you can just take something out of the fridge and bake something this delicious! This is a really nice recipe for fruit cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Wendy的记事本
    Thank you

    Hi, Elizabeth
    Thank you

    Hi, Irmina Díaz-Frois Martín
    Thank you

    Hi, cheeselover

    Yes, there is a True Value shop at K village, I hope that they still have the pan.

    Hi, Kayln Terry
    Thank you ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely gorgeous! I must try baking fruitcake in bundt mould too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've a present for you(cake blog di qualità)...see you soon on my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just looking at this perfect photos makes me hungry. :) thumbs up for the post, interesting to make one since i also have left over dried fruit in ref. hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wadee kha.
    Found out about your blog from Shab's cuisine.
    You've got an amazing collection of recipes and very nice pics.
    Pook yoo thinai kha?
    I grew up in Bangkok :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a slice of this cake. Looks like the perfect afternoon treat:)
    A beautiful blog you have here:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just came out from my oven and it tastes wonderful, just the right texture without being too fluffy or too dense, and the sweetness is just right too! Its a keeper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...