Tuesday, March 25, 2008

SNICKERS AND PEANUT-BUTTER MUFFINS


Snickers and peanut butter, sound good? Both of them are my favorite and when they come together, how can I resist it? The recipe is from................... Anyway I didn’t try it at a first glance, I read the recipe and I think it would be great but I’m so afraid of anything overly sweet. Anyway my nephew really want to try and he never afraid of sweetness (he needs a lot of energy, a lot more than me). The muffin came out great, I’m surprise, not overly sweet but full of flavor, peanut and yes, with a dot of chocolate. You may think that this is a muffin for children but I don’t and I really like the way my favorite can get along very well with each other.
SNICKERS AND PEANUT-BUTTER MUFFINS
Makes 12



250g

plain flour
6 tablespoons (85g)
golden caster sugar
1 ½ tablespoons

baking powder

pinch of salt
6 tablespoons (60g)
crunchy peanut butter
60g
unsalted butter, melted
1
large egg, beaten
175m1
Milk
3 x 65g
Snickers bars, chopped
12-bun muffin tin with paper cases
Preheat the oven to 200°C
Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and egg to the milk, and then stir this gently into the bowl. Mix in the Snickers pieces and dollop into the muffin cases.
Cook for 20-25 minutes, when the tops should be raised, golden and firm to the (light) touch. Sit the tin on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before taking out each muffin in its case and leaving them on the wire rack to cool.

3 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...