Monday, March 10, 2008

The Best One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies: Chicken farm Baker’s Project #1

We bake by the heart, I want to say that. I love the way daring bakers rule but I like this way too. When following the recipe in daring bakers, I feel like I in a class to learn more but with this style I feel like I’m playing. Chicken farm Baker’s Project is the project that, start with the love for baking of me any my friend Koy, who has a big interest in baking and cookbook. We decided to try the recipe by adapting it from our taste. So, I taste the dough when I make it, add more or less sugar to my taste and get the cookie that I will love, and yes, I really love this one. The recipe is coming from..................... the lovely book that I wrote about. I reduce a lot of white sugar in the original recipe as I once said that I want to have more of it with out feeling overloaded. The cookies come out great and I hope you will love it as I do if you try.
The Best One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies


2 CUPS / 200 g
PECAN HALVES
1 CUP (2 STICKS) / 227 g
UNSALTED BUTTER
3/4 CUP / 180 g
FIRMLY PACKED DARK BROWN SUGAR
1 CUP / 100 g
GRANULATED SUGAR
1 TEASPOON
SALT
2 TEASPOONS
PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
2 ¼ CUPS / 320 g
BLEACHED ALL- PURPOSE FLOUR
1/2 TEASPOON
BAKING SODA
1/4 TEASPOON
BAKING POWDER
200 g
SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHUNKS
2
LARGE EGGS



Preheat oven to 35O°F
Place the pecans on a large baking sheet and toast in the oven until they are warm and fragrant, 6 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool completely.

Place the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave uncovered on high for 1 minute.
Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted. Using a large wooden spoon, stir both sugars into the melted butter.

When combined, add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Stir until smooth.

Stir the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into the batter just until incorporated and a soft dough forms.
Carefully fold in the chocolate chunks and cooled toasted pecans.

Use a 2-ounce self-releasing ice-cream scoop to measure out the cookie dough.
Place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, 45 to 60 minutes. Toward the end of the chilling time, return the oven to 350°F.
Place the chilled dough balls on the parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Bake until the cookies are crisp and golden around the edges but still a little soft in the centers without being gooey, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks and let cool slightly.
Using a large metal spatula, transfer the cookies from the baking sheets to the wire racks and let cool to room temperature.

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...