Wednesday, March 12, 2008

AMERICAN BREAKFAST PANCAKES

Why we need pancakes recipe? I think because the simplest thing is the most forgetting too. It’s not easy to find a good pancake, which I like some of them turn out quite tough but this one is very puffy. It’s fun to make and I love to see it when you see the pancake puff up when you turn the upper side down. The recipe base on
................... but I add some salt and sugar to my taste (and I think that you will like it too). My nephew really loves this one and I have to tell you that he is very prickly about his food.
AMERICAN BREAKFAST PANCAKES
Makes 16 pancakes


225g
plain flour
1 tablespoon
baking powder
¼ teaspoon
salt
1½ tablespoon
sugar
2
large eggs, beaten
30g
butter, melted and cooled
300ml
Milk
butter for frying
To serve
Salted butter
Pure maple syrup



Put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz.
But if you mix up the batter by hand in a bowl, make a well in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar then whisk together. Beat in the eggs, melted butter and milk, then whisk together and transfer to a Jug.
Leave the batter for 20 minutes before using it.

When cooking the pancakes pour the batter into the pan when the upper side of the pancake is blistering and bubbling it’s time to cook the second side, and this needs only about 1 minute.
Serve with salted butter and pure maple syrup.

6 comments:

  1. I love how they are all perfectly the same size! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ติดต่อคุณหลังไมค์ได้ทางไหนคะ

    ReplyDelete
  3. ส่ง email มาที่anniezilla@gmail.comหน่อยนะคะ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Your pancakes look yummy. I've tried your recipe using blender, but the pancake surface is not brown evenly using medium heat. I only put butter once when making first pancake. Pls advise how you make it brown so beautifully... Thanks! ��
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    You need a good non stick pan, and no butter ^^. As the pancake will brown unevenly if you put the butter in the pan.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...