Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Romias cookies: vanilla and chocolate

Sometimes, when I don't know what to bake I just browse my blog ^^

But not that I'm so proud of my blog but my blog is the place where I keep all the recipes that I think it's delicious and I can reach them from everywhere in the world, haha.  

I always find something to bake from it. 

Anyway, there is a time that I think the recipe that I posted needed some adjustment. Just like this recipe, the original post will give you 100 pieces of cookies (50 from each of the flavors). I think it's too much for me when I don't want to give it away, I just want to eat it by myself!!!. 

I make an adjustment. You will find that it's easier to make, give you a reasonable amount of cookies, haha, and it's more beautiful as I use Sultan piping tip for piping the cookie instead of the cookie press.

There are 2 types of Sultan piping tip, high type, and low type. I use the high type of the Sultan piping tip but you can use the low type too. But if you make it with the low type you will get more cookies than mine.


Romias cookies: vanilla and chocolate 
Makes about 40 pieces (20 for each flavor) 


Almond caramel filling

30 g ..................... Honey 
1/8 tsp ................. Salt
30 g ..................... Brown sugar
30 g ..................... Unsalted butter 
30 g ..................... Sliced almond

Cookies dough
125 g ................... Unsalted butter
1/4 tsp ................. Salt
50 g ..................... Icing sugar 
20 g ..................... Egg white

Vanilla cookies
75 g ...................... Cake flour 
1/2 tsp ................. Vanilla extract

Chocolate cookies
65 g ...................... Cake flour 
10 g ...................... Cocoa powder


Put all the ingredients except the sliced almond into a saucepan and place it over medium heat. 

When the butter melts pour the sliced almond into the pan, stir quickly to cover the almond with the sugar mixture.

Pour caramel onto a piece of baking paper. Spread the mixture into an oblong shape Let it cool slightly

Form into a log (about 2 cm in diameter). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 

Beat the butter with salt until smooth. Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and beat to combine.

Pour the egg whites into the bowl and beat to combine.

Divide the butter mixture into 2 equal parts.

Sift the flour into a bowl.

Put the vanilla extract and half of the mixed butter into the bowl.

Mix to combine.

Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl.

Put half of the mixed butter into the bowl. Mix to combine.

Line baking sheets with baking paper or silicone baking mat.

Fit a piping bag with a Sultan piping tip.

Put the cookie dough into the prepared piping bag. Pipe the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. You will get about 20 pieces per flavor.

Cut the caramel.

Place the caramel into the center of the cookie dough.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile preheat an oven to 170℃. Using upper and lower heat.

Bake in 170℃  Preheated oven for 14-17 minutes


Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet.







Romias cookies: vanilla and chocolate 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...