Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Madeleine (Butter rich recipe)


Madeleine is one of my favorite cookies (or you can call it mini cake, haha), and when I started baking it was one of the recipes that I wanted to make. 

 

This recipe is my beloved recipe, I posted it on my blog a long time ago but I didn't post how-to photos and videos. So I decided to repost and revise the recipe.

I recalculated the ingredients to scale the recipe down as I think that the original one is too large.

You can see that I use the word "butter-rich" as this recipe contains more butter than others. Mostly the recipes for Madeleine have an equal amount of butter, egg, sugar, and flour but this recipe calls for a smaller amount of eggs.

So you need to beat the egg and sugar over the simmering water to loosen the egg or you will have a hard time as the mixture won't be tripled in volume. 


Serve it with a cup of tea (or coffee) is the best. My sister loves to warm it again in the toaster, it's her special way of eating haha.
If you like you can coat it with chocolate to make it more delicious (and beautiful) too.

PS. I know that I post recipes less often, well, I just got a new game soft (I waited for it for 10 years!!!!). Right now I devoted all my time to playing it. Anyway, if you want to chat, you can leave a message on FB or youtube, I will try my best to reply ^^.


Madeleine
Makes 16-17 pieces



135 g .................. Unsalted butter
135 g .................. Cake flour
4 g ..................... Baking powder
1 g ...................... Salt
100 g ................. Eggs, (about 2 small eggs )at room temperature
135 g ................. Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp ............... Vanilla extract
........................... Butter and flour for preparing the pans



Melt the butter in a microwave and let it cool completely (or about 25℃) before using it.
Sift the cake flour, salt, and, baking powder together. Set aside.


Put the eggs and vanilla extract into a bowl then set the bowl over the pan of hot water, and beat with a hand mixer until foamy.
Add the granulated sugar gradually.


Beat until the mixture has tripled in volume and forms a thick ribbon when lifting the beaters. 


Add the sifted flour mixture in 3 additions.


Fold to combine.




Pour the melted butter into the bowl. In 2 additions.


Fold to combine.


Cover and refrigerate overnight (or 12 hours).


Brush 16-17 pieces of Madeleine pan with butter. Sift the cake (or bread) flour over the buttered pans.


Turn the pan upside down and tap to remove the excess flour.
Refrigerate until needed.

Before baking, preheat an oven to 190℃


Spoon or pipe the batter into the prepared pans.


You will get 16-17 pieces.


Bake in a 190℃  Preheated oven for 16 minutes.


Turn the cake upside-down, and let it cool completely.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...