Tuesday, July 21, 2020

P & J Cookies


Well, it's time for a cookie recipe again.

Actually, there are only 3 types of baked goods that I make a lot lately, it's a cookie, cake, and bread.
No matter how much I love to bake and cook, I can only make the thing that I (and my family ) will eat and finish it.
My family members love something simple, and if they love something, I will have to make it again (and again, and again, haha). 
Lately, they love to eat cheese-stuffed Naan bread and Focaccia, and I have to make it every week.

Now, the only kind of baked goods that I can try new recipe is a cookie ^^".

Today is a new recipe for peanut butter lovers, but it comes with jam so you can call it P&J cookies!
I think a slightly tangy taste from berry jam goes well with rich and salty taste from the peanut butter.
If you love to eat a P&J sandwich, this P&J cookie might become your new favorite too.



P & J Cookies
About 19 pieces 



70 g  .................... Unsalted butter
1/2 tsp ................ Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp ................ Salt
85 g ...................... Chunky peanut butter
75 g ...................... Brown sugar
75 g ...................... Granulated sugar
1 ........................... Egg
180 g .................... All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp .................. Baking soda
............................... Jam (I use strawberry jam)




Preheat an oven to 180℃ 
Line baking sheets with baking paper.

Put the butter, salt, vanilla, and Chunky peanut butter into a bowl.
Beat until smooth.

Pour both kinds of sugar into the bowl, and beat to combine.

Put the egg into the bowl, and mix to combine.

Sift the flour and baking soda into the bowl.

Fold to combine.

Use 4 cm. Scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.


Use the back of a teaspoon to gently press an indent in the center.

Spoon jam into each thumbprint.


Bake in 180℃  Preheated oven for 16-18 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Let it cool completely on the baking sheets.


P & J Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...