Monday, July 6, 2020

Chocolate Malt and Pecan cookie


It's time for a cookie again!!!!

Actually, I made this recipe many times, as my family members really love it. Because it's not too sweet and packed with the lovely fragrance of  Malted milk powder.

Anyway, there was an accident when I made this cookie for the second time. As I didn't weight the ingredient by myself (my niece wanted to help), and the cookie came out as hard as the candy 😱

The first thing that I thought about was the recipe that I wrote down was wrong!!! 

And I had to make it again to check the recipe. 
Luckily that the third time came out beautifully and delicious. BTW I weighted the ingredients by myself, haha.

You can use different kinds of chocolate and nut or dried fruit instead of chocolate chips and pecan nut, for this recipe too. 
If you love the taste and fragrance of Malted milk powder, I think you will love this recipe any way you don't have to believe me, just try it by yourself!!! 



Chocolate Malt and Pecan cookie
Makes 12 pieces



100 g  .......................... Unsalted butter

1/2 tsp ......................... Vanilla extract

1/8 tsp ........................ Salt

80 g ............................ Brown sugar

80 g ............................ Granulated sugar

1 ................................. Egg

50 g ............................ Malted milk powder

155 g ........................... All-purpose flour

1/4 tsp ........................ Baking soda

1/8 tsp ........................ Baking powder

60 g ............................ Pecan, coarsely chopped

100 g .......................... Chocolate chips



Preheat an oven to 180℃ 
Line baking sheets with baking paper.


Melt the butter in the microwave (600w) for 1 minute.
Let it cool for 10 minutes.

Put the vanilla, salt, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the butter bowl.
Mix to combine.

Pour the egg into the bowl, mix to combine.

Pour malted milk powder into the bowl, and mix to combine.

Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the bowl.

Put the chopped pecan and chocolate chips into the bowl.

Fold to combine.

Use 5.5 cm scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
You will get about 12 pieces.

Press lightly with a fork.


Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes.



Let the cookie cool completely on the baking sheets.



Chocolate Malt and Pecan cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...