Friday, December 14, 2018

Jam Cookies: Old time sweet

  
Sometime all we need is something simple, butter cookie with small amount of jam, it reminds me of old time sweet.


When I was young, my aunt always bought this kind of cookie from a bakery nearby. Thick with butter fragrance, I still don't know was it the real butter fragrance or just artificial one, the filling was not jam, might be some kinds of candied fruit, but at that time, it's one of my favorite sweet. Everything was delicious when we were young, haha.
Growing up and eating too much of many thing, we start to have a combination of love and hate while eating, the bake good that we can buy is not as delicious as the old day. May be I'm the one who change. 
That's why I started bake myself something that I want to eat more and more.
As when making them by ourself, we can choose the ingredient, or even adjusting the recipe to get the texture that we like. When people ask me why don't I open the bakery? I have to say that I don't think that I will be happy with it, haha. The recipes that I post in my blog are the recipe that I like but I don't know about other people, they might love it to be sweeter, richer or etc. So every time that I post, I always tell you to make the recipe yours ^^, it's the best way to enjoy baking. 
Such as this recipe, it's simple and straightforward. With butter, vanilla, sugar, egg white, flour and jam, nothing's special. But it can be the most delicious cookie, if you use the butter that you like its fragrance and taste, use the thickest jam that you can find (and yes the one you love to eat it too). 
Bake it until it become golden brown or very brown, it's your choice. And don't forget to share YOUR delicious with the one you love, and you will be happier with your baking!


English: Jam Cookies 
สูตรภาษาไทย: คุกกี้แยม 

日本語のレシピ:ジャムクッキー 
Youtube: คุกกี้แยม, Jam Cookies, ジャムクッキー 


Jam Cookies
Makes 35-40 pieces



150 g ...................... Unsalted butter
1/4 tsp ................... Salt
1/2 tsp ................... Vanilla extract
50 g ....................... Icing sugar
1 ............................ Egg white
160 g ..................... Cake flour
............................... Jam for filling the cookies.




 Put the butter, salt and vanilla into a bowl, beat until smooth.
Add the icing sugar and beat until light in colour.


 Pour the egg white into the bowl and beat until combine.


 Sift the flour into the bowl.


 Mix until combine.



 Put into piping bag fitted with star nozzle.



Pipe into 5 cm round  (35-40pieces) onto lined baking sheet.
Spoon jam into the center.
Put in the freezer for 20 minutes
Meanwhile preheat an oven to 170℃  


 Bake for 18-20 minutes.



Let it cool completely on the baking sheet.


Jam Cookies: Old time sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...