Friday, April 12, 2013

Quick fix desserts: Mocha Sundaes Ice Cream

It's traditional New year in Thailand (Songkarn), and I think the laziness is in the air (with a lot of hot air too, hehe).

  Because of the laziness atmosphere, I don't want to do anything much too. Well, it happens every April, all I want to do is sitting down or sleeping, haha.
But I just can't do it! I have a feeling that I need something cool and sweet to brighten my day (and you have to understand that the weather is too warm for me to do anything much). So I decide to do a short cut, luckily I have a box of homemade vanilla ice cream in my fridge, it's the basic thing that I have to make, because of my mom's order ^^. You can use commercial one too it makes your life easier. 
The fact is you can get all the ingredients from the supermarket, starting from the Mars chocolate bars, to the Hobnobs biscuits. Note on the biscuit, you can use other kinds of it too, but I suggest using the digestive one is a great choice, or the one with some chewiness, you need a contrast of the texture. 


Mocha Sundaes Ice Cream
Serve 2-4 (depends on how hungry you are ^^)

2 ................................... Mars bars, Chopped
2tbsp ............................ Milk
2tbsp ............................ Coffee liquor (I use Kahlua)
50ml ............................. Strong coffee
....................................... Vanilla ice cream
4-6 ................................ Hobnobs (or other kinds of biscuits), crumbled 


Put Mars, milk, Coffee liquor and strong coffee into a small saucepan and bring to boil over low heat until smooth, take the pan out of the heat and let it cool. It will be thicken. 

Put one scoop of ice cream into a glass, spoon the mocha sauce into the glass, follow by the crumbed biscuits.  Put another layers of ice cream, sauce and crumbed biscuits and now you are ready to serve it ^^.


Quick fix desserts: Mocha Sundaes Ice Cream

2 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! Thanks for the inspiration!
    B-e-a-u-t-y-t-u-t-o-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband just mentioned to me a few days ago that we should go to Thailand during Songkarn :D The ice cream looks delicious, great for such hot weather now.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...