Friday, August 30, 2024

Candied orange cookies


I always have a pack of candied orangess in the frigde.

Its fragrance and sweetness make it one of my favorite dried fruits.   
I tried making it myself before, but the home-made version was not meant to be kept (and the color was not as beautiful as the store-bought). Finally, I decided to buy it instead.

This time, I used it in my cookie. 
As I said that I have to bake cookies for my family (esp. my sister) every week, sometime it's not easy to create new idea, haha. But when I saw the candied orange, orange+vanilla+ butter, it was one of the best combinations.

This cookie is so simple, all you need is a bowl and a spatula. After making many round-shaped cookies, I thought I needed other shape ^^. So, I cut the cookie into a small square, it's easier than using cutter or roll the dough into a log, 
As the cookie contains egg yolk, it colored quicker than other recipe. To check the cookie turn it upside-down, it's done when the bottom of the cookie is golden brown.


Candied orange cookies
Make 24 pieces


Orange 
40 g ......................... Candied orange
1 tsp ......................... Water

Cookie dough
70 g ......................... Unsalted butter
1/8 tsp ..................... Salt
1/2 tsp ..................... Vanilla extract
40 g ......................... Icing sugar
1 .............................. Egg yolk
140 g ........................ Cake flour


Cut the candied orange into 5mm. pieces, and put it into a bowl with water. 

Cover and heat in the microwave (600W) for 30 seconds.


Let it cool completely before using.


Beat the butter, salt, and vanilla extract with a spatula until smooth.
Sift the icing sugar into the bowl.


Beat until fully combined.


Add the egg yolk and beat to combine.


Sift the cake flour into the bowl.


Pour the prepared candied orange pieces into the bowl.


Fold to combine.


Remove the dough from the bowl. Press the dough with the palm of your hand. Until the dough becomes smooth.


Roll the cookie dough between a sheet of baking paper. Until the size of the dough is about 12x18 cm. (the thickness of the dough is about 1 cm.).


Refrigerate for 60 minutes.

Before baking, preheat an oven to 170℃


Cut the dough into 3x3 cm. pieces. You will get 24 pieces.


Bake for 22-25 minutes.


Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet.



Candied orange cookies

 

3 comments:

  1. We came across to your blog while searching curry lasagna idea. These cookies look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These candied orange cookies look absolutely delightful! The combination of citrus and sweetness is such a perfect pairing for a refreshing treat. Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe – I can’t wait to try it out at home! Also, I wonder if the ingredients could be found on sale somewhere; I always look for deals through my Mazzios Coupons.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...