Friday, February 8, 2013

Mini Honey Lemon Rare Cheese Cake: Enjoy the richness in the mini size cake

 Small, small cheese cake ^^, I know that you will love it.

 I rarely make cheese cake, due to the fact that eating it make me feel guilty, haha, rich cake is not for everyday treat. I still want to eat it ^^, and I think if I make very small recipe it will be better because me and my family members can finish it in 1 day. So this recipe is just right, it uses 10 cm cake pan, you can cut the cake into 6 (very small)  or 4 depend on how hungry you are, hehe.
I use Hobnobs instead of graham crackers, because I think the flavor of oat will go along very well with honey, but you can use graham cracker for this recipe too, ^^.
Serve this small cake with a cup of hot tea will put me in the heaven, hehe, and enjoy this richness once in a while will make you happy too, I believe. 




Mini Honey Lemon Rare Cheese Cake 
Make 10 cm cake


Base
60g ................................ Hobnobs
30g ................................ Butter, melted
Cheese cake
1 ..................................... Egg white
1tbsp ............................. Granulated sugar
150g .............................. Cream cheese
2tsp ............................... Honey
1tsp ............................... Lemon juice
3g .................................. Gelatin sheets

*Use bottom removable cake pan.
* I use double recipe in the Video, and use 15x15cm 

Crush the Hobnobs with the rolling pin.
 In a medium bowl, stir together the hobnobs crumbs and butter until blended. 
Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan, set aside.


 Bloom the gelatin in cold water for 15 minutes.
Put cream cheese, honey and lemon juice in microwaveable bowl, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute or until very soft, stir in the gelatin sheets (if the gelatin doesn't melt completely, heat in the microwave for 20 seconds). 
Whip the egg white with 1 tbsp granulated sugar until soft peaks formed.
Fold the meringue into the cream cheese mixture in 3 additions.

Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerated at least 1 hour.


Mini Honey Lemon Rare Cheese Cake: 
Enjoy the richness in the mini size cake

3 comments:

  1. oh how to resist this one??? it's sooooo good!
    Gong xi fa cai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pook, may i know if I would like to substitute the egg white with whipped cream, may I know how much should I substitute for? My family is concern over raw eggs. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...