Monday, January 14, 2013

Tart au fraise pistache: Strawberry and pistachio tart

 Baking and baking, I think I bake too much, haha, because I started to bake even in my dream too.

The reason for my craziness can come from the fact that the moment that I stop baking , I read cookbooks or draw something that I want to bake instead (I live my life with color pencils in one hand and whisk in another, haha). Because I think about baking all the time, I dream about baking, ^^   may be I will come across some great recipes in my dream too, don't you think so? But today, the recipe doesn't come from my dream, it's come from the fact that I have some strawberries in the fridge and I had to do something about it.
This tart is very easy to make, both Pâte sucre and Crème d'amande à la pistache require less mixing time than making cake ^^, but look at the result, this tart is very very cute. Actually you can use raspberry for the topping too, pistachio gets along very well with the berry. The other confession that I need to tell you about this tart is it's delicious even without the berry, hehe, so if you want to testify that I told you the truth or not, you need to bake it today, ^^.
Serving it with hot tea or coffee, for delicious, and happy afternoon treat. 



Tart au fraise pistache: Strawberry and pistachio tart
Make 6 (using 8cm tart ring)


Pâte sucre
125g ....................................... Cake flour
0.5g ........................................ Baking powder
75g ......................................... Butter
47g ......................................... Icing sugar
25g ......................................... Egg
20g ......................................... Almond powder
1/8tsp .................................... Vanilla extract.

Crème d'amande à la pistache
53g ........................................ Butter
53g ........................................ Icing sugar
30g ....................................... Almond powder
25g ........................................ Pistachio powder
53g ........................................ Eggs
3g .......................................... Rum
5g .......................................... Cake flour

Topping
................................................ Fresh strawberries
................................................ Strawberry jam 
................................................ Chopped pistachio nuts


 Beat the butter in the bowl until the butter is smooth. Gradually add the icing sugar, vanilla, and egg mixing until combine.
 Add the almond powder and flour, baking powder mix until combine use your hand to knead briefly smooth.



Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 180 °C

Roll into 4mm thick.
Cut and place in the tart rings.


Mix all the ingredients for Crème d'amande à la pistache together until combine.
Pipe into the prepared Pâte sucre.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let the tarts cool completely.
Brush the top of the tart with strawberry jam, decorate with fresh strawberries and chopped pistachio nuts.


 Tart au fraise pistache: Strawberry and pistachio tart

7 comments:

  1. hard to said but look delicious if eat it alone, with a cup of tea, at top of the windy hill...waaaaa... *dreaming*

    ReplyDelete
  2. waht a feast for the senses! another gorgeous creation! i can so taste how delicious it is just looking at your pics ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with baking, too. But my problem is that, well, practising makes perfect and I am living with my boyfriend and I just cannot bake all the time or rebake the same recipe again and again because we simply just cant eat it all :)

    The cake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tart! Is almond powder the same as almond meal? Do you grind pistachios finely to get pistachio powder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Faa.rosli
    Haha, you get it right, serving it with a cup of tea is the best.

    Hi, hui
    Thank you

    Hi, Tini
    Oh, I know it's not easy, I'm lucky to live with my family so I have a lot of people to enjoy my products ^^.

    Hi, Lian
    Yes, they are the same, and I grind the pistachios by myself, using the food processor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I am from Virat Bharat I saw your Blog. This Is very Informative to our Youth. Really Good If you Want to see our Site You can easily Visit

    http://www.viratbharat.com/Career/Career_News.aspx

    Thanking You
    Puneet Kardam

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmm....the tart looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...