Sunday, October 7, 2012

Carrot Cake, Easy lazy cake.

 I really love carrot cake, it's easy and well, for some people it mean healthy too ^^.

 So, I make it often, with different recipes (well, it's fun for me to test each recipe). This time it's a request from my nephew, when I asked him what kind of cake that he wanted me to bake for him (actually I gave him some choice, hehe, a list of something that I want to bake). And he told me that he wanted to eat carrot cake. I made a small one, the quantity of the ingredients is a bit strange, ^^, but now there are a lot of scale that can weight 0.1g, in the market (I use Tanita one), it's good for using with the gelatin too.

Well, I don't have to tell you more about the carrot cake, ^^, it's easy and delicious!!


Carrot cake
Make 6 inches cake




90g .................................. Eggs
80g ................................. All purpose flour
0.4g ................................ Baking soda
1.2g .................................. Baking powder
2g ................................... Cinnamon powder
......................................... A pinch of salt
75g ............................... Vegetable oil (I use corn oil)
150g ..................................  Light brown sugar 
95g .................................. Carrot, grated
30g ................................... Walnut, coarsely chopped


Cream cheese Frosting
100g ................................. Butter, soft
225g ............................... Cream cheese
120g ............................... Icing sugar
½ tsp ............................. Vanilla extract 




Preheat the oven to 180°C
Lightly butter 6-inch cake pans. Line the pan with a round of parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.


Whip the eggs and sugar until light (not ribbon), then slowly pour the oil into the whipped egg, beat until combine.
Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then fold in the carrot and walnuts.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer for doneness.

Remove from the oven and let the cakes rest for 10 minutes before turning the cake out of the pans, let it cool on a wire rack.



Make the cream cheese frosting by beating butter and cream cheese together until soft, sift the icing sugar into the bowl, beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.



When the cake is cool, sandwich the halves together with about a third of the frosting. Using the rest to cover the top and sides of the cake and decorate the cake with walnut.


Carrot Cake, Easy lazy cake.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, i just discovered your blog a few weeks ago, really lovely recipes, especially those mini size ones. Thanks for this , another good recipe that i must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy but still looks delicious....thank you so much for sharing this so wonderful recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am never be a carrot cake fan, without even bother to try out first, til one day i tried one and i just realized how good it was and now i'm in search for a recipe for a soft fluffy and delicious carrot cake
    let me try this for a start
    tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there wonderful blog xD
    i always love what u post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and healthy cake! It must be so yummy....
    Would you tell me how to convert the ingredients if I want to make it into a 8" cake tin?
    Thanks for that and happy baking.
    Yenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi .. just discovered ur blog. Love reading n viewing ur step by step in baking ' something ' .. esp the OPERA PISTACHIO cake. Really help me to understand the process better. CARROT CAKE is my latest favourite cake. I did attend a class recently .. and I also surveyed for similar recipes online .. like u, i love trying different recipes and view the result .. the one taught in class .. used butter and cream cheese. Yours ( and many others too ... use veg oil )There's a difference in taste and texture. using oil .. ur cake look a bit darker, a bit moist and taste ' wet'. By using butter & cream cheese, a bit lighter in colour and dry. I love both !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious for this recipe! It's make me so hungry! I can't wait to eat this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I have measurements in cups and spoons please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can use this http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2007/11/basic-pastry-ingredients-weights-and.html
    to convert the gram into cup ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's easy and don't need a lot of ingredients. I will try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...