Monday, October 29, 2012

Banana Chocolate Mascarpone Macaron: Comforting me with macarons!

 I just started to teach about a month ago, and I never tested the macaron in the oven that I use for teaching before.

 Macaron is hard to make if you can't control the temperature, and I know it's true. So, when I decided that I wanted to make the macaron with my ovens (very simple 42L stand alone kitchen top oven), I had to be prepared ^^.
The first important thing is the oven thermometer, if you have problem when baking it can come from the fact that the temperature inside the oven is not right. Using oven thermometer will help you with this, (except the problem that the oven thermometer is not right, it can happen too).
I put the oven thermometer in my oven and wait for 30 minutes, and adjust it until my oven thermometer register 150°C, before putting my macarons into the oven ^^. And after that I couldn't stay away from the oven , haha, looking at the macarons in the oven, I felt excited.
Finally after 17 minutes (it took a long time to bake, ^^), my macarons were ready and I felt relieved.
I choose banana, chocolate and Mascarpone for the filling, well with a lot of excitement I need something to comfort me, haha. 



Banana Chocolate Mascarpone Macaron 
Makes about 25-30 pairs


Vanilla Macaron
70g .................................. Almond powder
98g .................................. Icing sugar
.......................................... Bean form ½ of the vanilla pod 
50g ................................... Egg whites
15g .................................... Sugar
........................................... Yellow food coloring (optional)


Mascapone filling
100ml ............................. Whipping cream
10g .................................. Icing sugar
25g .................................. Mascarpone cheese
1/2 tbsp .......................... Lemon juice


2 ....................................... Medium size banana, peeled and sliced
.......................................... Granulated sugar for sprinkle on top of the bananas

.......................................... Nama choco cut into small pieces

Combine the icing sugar , bean form the vanilla pod and almond flour in a medium bowl. If grinding your own nuts, combine nuts and a cup of icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor and grind until nuts are very fine and powdery.


 Beat the egg whites in the clean dry bowl of a stand mixer until they hold soft peaks. Slowly add the granulated sugar and beat until the mixture holds stiff peaks, add the color and beat until combine.

Sift 1/3 of the almond flour mixture into the meringue and fold to combine. 

Sift in the remaining almond flour in two batches. Don’t overfold, but fully incorporate your ingredients.
 Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a plain half-inch tip (Ateco #806).


Pipe 3.5 cm rounds onto baking sheets lined with nonstick liners (or parchment paper).
When you’ve pipe out all the macarons lift each baking sheet with both hands and then bang it down on the counter (you need to get the air out of the batter), place the rose tea petals on top of half of the macarons.
Set aside for 1 hour. After 1 hour the top of the macarons will be dry, and ready to bake.
Preheat oven to 150°C. Bake for 17 minutes (baking time can be varied, from 12-15 up to your oven) or until firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool on trays. Slide a knife under each macaroon to release from paper. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or until ready to assemble. 

Make the filling


Place the banana on the pan, sprinkle the sugar on top, and use a small blow torch to burn the banana. 
For the Mascarpone filling, beat all the ingredient together and put the filling into a piping bag.
Pipe the Mascarpone filling onto the macaron, place 1 piece of namachoco inside and place the banana on top of the chocolate, sandwich the macarons together, serve immediately.


Banana Chocolate Mascarpone Macaron: Comforting me with macarons!

5 comments:

  1. Omg, just had a workout, and that looks so good right now ! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Filled with envy* I have failed so many times making macarons. I don't have vanilla bean. Is it ok if I use vanilla extract. Vanilla bean is very x here and I don't want to waste it as I m not sure if it will be successful.

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried to make macarons. I love to try one, but a lot of tedious step need to follow plus macarons so sweets. However you motivate me to try one.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...