Sunday, June 17, 2012

Banoffee Ice cream: When your banoffee comes in a glass!

 I love requests, for me it's a challenge. Some of them I can find the recipe easily in cookbooks but many of them I have to create it ^^.

Banoffee Ice cream
Even I love it, I have to admit that I can't make all of the requests as quick as the people want, and now there are a lot of requests waiting for me -*-.
This time I got the request for Banoffee ice cream, and I try to find the recipe in the cookbooks but I couldn't find it any where. So, I have to create it by myself ^^. I think about many possibility, want I want my ice cream to be and it's quite fun to do it. Finally I choose to use the banana ice cream as a base and mix the brown sugar sauce and cookies to turn it into a banoffee. Actually there are many choice for both of the sauce and cookies, the choice for sauce are caramel and Dulce de leche, for the cookie shortbread comes close too. The reason for the brown sugar sauce is it's easy to make, very delicious, the taste of it stand out like you're eating a toffee. For the cookie I still think that shortbread is a good choice, but as my family members love Oreo (like me, hehe), you can use different kinds of cookie, chocolate or vanilla, the choice is yours. 
Well, I think I got an ice cream that my family (esp. my niece) love, you can see from her eyes as she waited for me while I took a photos. And I hope you will enjoy it too.


Waiting for the ice cream !

Banoffee Ice cream
Make about 1.25 liter

Banana Ice cream
450ml  ............................. Whole milk
20ml ................................. Whole milk
4tsp .................................. Corn starch
45g ................................... Cream cheese
300ml .............................. Whipping cream
1/8tsp .............................. Salt
120g ................................. Sugar
2tbsp ................................ Corn syrup
1 ........................................ Vanilla bean
300g ................................. Banana (peeled and cut into small pieces)
Brown sugar sauce
60g ................................... Brown sugar
1tbsp ................................ Corn syrup
50g ................................... Whipping cream
........................................... A pinch of salt
1/2tsp............................... Vanilla paste


100g .................................. Oreo cookies, chopped


Make the banana ice cream:
 Beat the cream cheese and salt until soft in large bowl. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean, then add both of the seeds and bean into the sauce pan with 450ml of milk, whipping cream and sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat. Meanwhile mix corn starch with 20ml of milk, take the pan out of the heat and pour the corn starch into the mixture, stir to combine.
Bring the mixture back to the heat and let the mixture boil for 1-2 minutes.
Pour the mixture pass a sieve into a cream cheese bowl, then stir until the cream cheese melt.
 Put the chopped banana into a blender with a cup of hot mixture, then puree it and pour into the milk bowl stir to combine, let the mixture cool completely and refrigerate for 12 hours.


Make the brown sugar sauce:


Pour all the ingredient into a sauce pan and bring to boil over medium heat, let it boil for 2 minutes, then take out of the heat and let it cool completely.


Making banoffee ice cream:
Churn the banana ice cream mixture in an ice-cream machine. As it thickens, add the  chopped Oreo. Put the ice cream in a box and drizzle with brown sugar sauce (you won't need all of it).Freeze until firm.
Banoffee Ice cream

Banoffee Ice cream: When your banoffee comes in a glass!

6 comments:

  1. This ice cream looks delicious! Even if I usually make my ice creams with eggs, no cornstarch, I think I must try it. It reminds me of the banoffee pie of Hägen Dasz, and I love it!!
    Thanks for the recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks marvellous,irresistible and yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so tempting especially with the super hot weather lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather at Malaysia is super super hot. Feel like grabing a scoop from the PC screen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. II don't have a ice cream machine, can I still make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can make it by freezing the batter, then remove it from the freezer and beat it with hand mixer after 1-2 hours, do it 3-4 time until the ice cream smooth.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...