Saturday, November 26, 2011

Café-chocolat Cake: Soft but intense chocolate cake.

 I always bake something I want to eat, well it's the best way to pamper yourself, right? Plus when you baking the one that you like you will know instantly "Does it has a good taste or not!!!!"

Café-chocolat Cake
 Cake that contains a lot of chocolate is one of my weakness, imagine that each bite of it you will get the bitter and delicious taste of chocolate. Just think about it make me happy too ^^.
Today my cake is very soft and moist but very rich in chocolate flavor, plus the coffee flavor add more dept into the cake too. I love it with a lot of whipped cream, they are great together, the bitter taste will be tamed and all you got is deliciousness. This kind of cake is very easy to make. It's not like the sponge cake that you will do your best to prevent the air losing. You just fold it that's all, because the cake will deflate anyway (but don't do it so hard that you don't have any air left, you will get something look like rubber than cake -*-).
The recipe come from one of my favorite food writer" 稲田 多佳子 (Takako Inada)" the book that I use is takako cafe 2 たかこ@caramel milk teaさんのデリごはんとカフェデザートのレシピ. Actually I have to stop myself to buy more of her book, haha, there are a lot of them on my bookshelf by now.
From:  takako cafe 2 たかこ@caramel milk teaさんのデリごはんとカフェデザートのレシピ. by 稲田 多佳子 (Takako Inada)"



Café-chocolat Cake
Make 15 cm cake


80g ................................... Dark chocolate (I use 50%)
40g ................................... Unsalted butter
60g ................................... Sugar
20g ................................... Cake flour
10g ................................... Cocoa powder
2 ........................................ Eggs, separated
50g .................................... Whipping cream
1tbsp ................................. Instant coffee
............................................ A pinch of salt
............................................, Sweeten whipped cream for serving



Preheat the oven to 160 °C
Sift the flour, and cocoa powder together.
Line the base of the pan with baking paper.
Warm the whipping cream and mix with instant coffee.

 Melt the chocolate with the butter.
 Beat the egg yolks and 1/3 of sugar together, when combine add the melted chocolate, whipping cream and flour mixture. Stir to combine.
 Whip the egg white with salt and the rest of the sugar until firm peaks form.
Fold 1/2 of the meringue into the chocolate mixture, then fold the rest of the meringue.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes
or until the toothpick insert into the center come with a bit of crumb.
Let the cake cool in the pan until cool.
Cake will deflate while cooling.
Serve with a lot of sweeten whipped cream, and enjoy ^^.


Café-chocolat Cake

Café-chocolat Cake: Soft but intense chocolate cake.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pook,

    Do we need to line the cake tin with baking paper or not? Thank you for the recipe, looks very temptating. I will have a try.

    Julianti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Julianti
    I think we need to line the base of the pan ^^, or you will find it hard to take the cake out of the pan.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks really good... you are not only a great baker, but also styled your cake outstandingly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chocolate cake recipe looks so yummy. Thanks so much for putting pictures for all the steps. I don't have much experience baking, not like others in my household. They always tease me for it, so I want to surprise them by baking something really good.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this recipe a lot, it is one of my favourites now after i`ve tried it yesterday and it was very good, thanks for sharing and also thanks for your good explanations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this recipe a lot, it is one of my favourites now after i`ve tried it yesterday and it was very good, thanks for sharing and also thanks for your good explanations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the ultimate chocolate cake and quite possibly the greatest chocolate cake of all time.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...