Friday, February 22, 2008

Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth

by Jill O'Connor and Leigh Beisch


Another cute book on my collection (seen like it’s growing larger and larger like crazy). You may think I will start with a phrase like “How can you resist it?” But I won’t I will tell you that if you like a book with a girly style and a beautiful picture go out and grab it.

I know I have a lot (OK, too much) books, but this one is so lovely after I opened it at the bookstore I didn’t want to put it down – so what should I do I just took it home.

The book is very sweet from the cover to the back as there are a lot of dot and ribbon all over the book, pink and chocolate color make the book so sweet. Jill is very good in writing because when she describes about the sweet, it makes my mouth watering (with a little dreaming feeling). The recipes in the book can make you throw the diet sign away, because there are no word such as low fat or reduced fat here, we yearn for the real thing. (Now I’m reading In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan, and this book is fit in one category that its recipes don’t have “for better health tag”, so it’s a real food that we can eat, ha ha. Plus it will be great to have a real dessert once a week than having an artificial one everyday)

Because this can be the first cookbook for someone so the book starts with an introduction to ingredients and equipment: the basic knowledge for baker. Then follow by the flood of sweet and dessert from chocolate, puddings, cookies, cakes, pies and irresistible sweet.

I will take you through the book.


The First: Sticky, Chewy Chocolate

I don’t need to say more, brownies, cakes, churros, cupcake, madeleines etc.


The second: The Pudding Club

Any kinds of comfort sweet, that I hope I can have it all in one day.


The third: Cookies, Cakes & Pies

Even the name is a simple sweet but they aren’t, think about caramel butter bars, double-crumble hot apple pies and etc.


The forth: Do Try This at Home

Many kinds of sweet, such as salted cashew toffee, giant coconut cream puff and everything that the kid in all of us dreams about and I know you dream about them too.


So if you don’t worried about having a real dessert in your house, I mean if you really serious about sweet “Go out and grab one”.

Recipe tested:

The Best One Bowl Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies

Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake Pots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...