Monday, February 4, 2008

Home Made Cultured Butter

I made it for 5 times now, since I read about it from The Traveler's Lunchbox , this is the first time that I show you. Cultured Butter is a butter that has a slightly tangy taste due to the fermentation; some say it has a cheesy taste. Making cultured butter is bit fun, as you will see the transformation of heavy cream to butter, that usually a no-no when whipping the cream, the taste is good plus you can control the salt in your butter and you will get fresh buttermilk to use in making other sweet too. It’s so easy to do at home, the only precaution is the temperature, that has to be in control (not too low or too high). I find the home made butter melt more quickly than the purchased one, and it’s good to use with toasted bread (I use in when making sandwich and it’s delicious).

I have a suggestion for anyone who wants to make it; you should use the plain yoghurt that you like to eat, because the flavor of it will be in the butter too. Start making today and you may want to make it again and again (like me).

The Transformation of Cream to Butter

If you want to try go to this blog: The Traveler's Lunchbox

2 comments:

  1. wow first time i heard of someone doing her own homemade cultured butter!!what a great challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to make and I hope you try.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...