Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Banana Nut Cookies

Do you have a book that’s so old but you turn to every now and then, this book is one of them. I bought .............. a long time ago (her cookies make me want to bake, I really want to make cookies, that’s delicious as her, because at that time Mrs. Fields’ Cookie was very popular, oops! now all of you can doubt my age), but I still use it often as the recipe is easy and the cookie are delicious . I like the taste of this cookie but I reduce the sugar to the lowest that the cookie’s still enjoyable, I have to accept that as we get older, we need less sugar (or if you are younger than me you can write a comment to ask for an original recipe). The cookie taste like a little banana cake with a lot of chocolate and nut, you can use chopped dark chocolate instead of normal chocolate chip which will make your cookie more sophisticated and yummy. I think you know the rule of using banana, don’t use the one that still bright yellow, we need a little darken here.
Banana Nut Cookies
Makes 4 dozen



370 g
all-purpose flour
½ tsp
baking soda
¼ tsp
salt
1 tsp
vanilla extract
200 g
light brown sugar
140 g
granulated sugar
225 g
salted butter, softened
1
large egg
180 g
mashed ripe banana
170 g
semisweet chocolate chips
114 g
chopped walnuts (roasted to bring out the flavor)
Preheat the oven to 170°C
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
In large bowl with an electric mixer blend sugars at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add egg, banana and vanilla extract, and beat at medium speed until smooth.
Add the flour mixture, the chocolate chips, and the walnuts, and blend at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. .Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cookie edges begin to brown. Transfer immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.

7 comments:

  1. ooooh! my mom would love these! thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    i just joined the DB this month too, just checking out everyone else's blogs, wanted to say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for alternatives to banana bread, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these cookies today and unfortunately I had to use half white flour and half white wheat flour so they had a more healthy taste but they were fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I love to read your blog. It is exciting to read and the pictures and cookies are so beautiful. Can I ask if this cookies needed to refrigerate after baking? And how long can it stay in room temperature? Any expiry date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can keep it in room temperature for 3 days, or 1 week in the fridge (fully cover or it will be dry).

      Delete
    2. May i ask the texture of this recipe?

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...