But if I'm going to have some, I want something a little healthier. So, I'm sharing my frozen yogurt recipe that I've been making lately.
This recipe results in frozen yogurt that's not overly sweet and still creamy. Because I'm the type of person who, even if I'm trying to eat something healthy, it still has to taste good! 😆
If reducing sugar and fat means I still don't feel satisfied after eating it… I'd rather not eat it at all!
So, this recipe still includes sugar, cream, and whipped cream, but in just the right amounts to get a smooth, delicious frozen yogurt that's not too rich or cloying.
The method isn't difficult, except for one step that takes time: straining the water from the yogurt before making the frozen yogurt. You'll need to allow some time for this.
But if you have Greek yogurt, you can use it instead of the strained yogurt, which will save a lot of time and labor.
This recipe makes a small batch. This recipe makes a small, satisfying serving 🍦.
But if you make it and think, "I absolutely need to keep this in the freezer!", feel free to double the recipe.
Hopefully, this recipe will help you feel refreshed this summer, and most importantly…happy to eat! 💛
Frozen yogurt
500 g ............ Plain yogurt
30 g .............. Cream cheese
8 g ................ Cornstarch
2 tbsp ........... Milk (A)
140 g ............ Milk (B)
60 g .............. Whipping cream
70 g .............. Granulated sugar
30 g .............. Corn syrup
...................... Jam of your choice
First, strain the yogurt, you can use a yogurt strainer. Or place a sieve in a bowl. Line the sieve with kitchen paper. Put the plain yogurt in the strainer and refrigerate for 12 hours.
The yogurt will be firmer.
You will need 200g of strained yogurt.
Put the cream cheese into a bowl and beat until smooth. Add the strained yogurt.
Beat to combine. Set aside while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Mix the cornstarch with milk (A) and set aside.
Put the milk, whipping cream, sugar, and corn syrup into a saucepan.
Place over medium heat and stir constantly. Let the mixture come to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. Stir to combine.
Place over the heat and let it come to the boil for 1 minute more.
Remove from the heat Pour it into the cream cheese and yogurt mixture.
Beat to combine. Let the mixture cool completely. I place the bowl over ice pack.
Let it cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
Put it into the ice cream maker and churn until smooth.
Put the ice cream into a container and pour the jam over the ice cream. Lightly mix just to marble it.
Place a piece of silicone paper (or plastic wrap) directly over the ice cream.
Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.






















No comments:
Post a Comment