Friday, February 23, 2024

Orange Muffins

If you ask me, when or why I started baking, I really can't remember because when I realized my room was full of cookbooks and my kitchen was packed with baking pans. 

I think that because I was raised in a family that enjoys eating and cooking, and food is always the center of our life. 
I love to spend my time thinking about what I want to eat, haha, and when I can't buy it the only thing that I can do is make it by myself. But only the imagination is not enough so cookbooks and textbooks are becoming my great companions.
I always wonder when I see the lists of the recipes that I already posted on my blog, it's 1000+ by now and if I combine them with the recipes that I didn't post, I think the number is more than 3000+ by now. Wow, I really enjoy my time in the kitchen!!!
Well, today's recipe was coming from my imagination too, after I saw oranges in the fridge, I wanted to make a muffin that's packed with a whole orange.
So, I cooked the orange in the syrup to reduce the bitterness from the zest, chopped all of it, and added 
it to the muffin batter. The rest of the orange I cut it and placed on top of the muffin, it acted as a decoration and added delicious orange flavor too.
This recipe is very easy to make, for the icing you can omit it, but I think it makes this muffin cute and adorable!



Orange Muffins
Makes 6 muffins



Orange
1 ............................. Orange
35 g ........................ Granulated sugar
20 g  ....................... Water

Muffin batter
70 g ........................ Unsalted butter
45 g ........................ Milk 
60 g ........................ Plain yogurt
1 ............................. Egg
110 g ...................... Cake flour
1 tsp ....................... Baking powder
1/8 tsp .................... Salt
45 g ........................ Granulated sugar

Icing
25 g  ........................ Icing sugar
3/4-1 tsp .................. Water

Preheat the oven to 180℃.
Brush 6 Muffin pans (6.3x3.2 cm. per pan) with unsalted butter.

Cut the orange into 6 slices (3 mm thickness slice).

Put the orange slices into a bowl with sugar and water. Cover and heat in a 600W microwave for 4 minutes.

Drain the orange slices.

Finely chop 3 orange slices.


For the rest of the orange slices, cut each slice into 4 pieces.


Melt the butter and mix in the milk.

Add the plain yogurt to the melted butter and mix to combine then let it cool completely.

Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl.

Add the sugar to the bowl and whisk to combine.

Pour the egg into the melted butter mixture and mix to combine.

Add the chopped orange to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.

Pour the melted butter mixture into the bowl.

Fold to combine.

Divide the batter into the prepared pan.

Top with the rest of the orange slice.

Bake in the preheated oven at 180℃ for 20 minutes.

Remove from the pan and let the muffin cool completely on a wire rack.

Mix the icing sugar and water together.

Drizzle over over the muffins.


Orange Muffins

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...