Friday, February 24, 2023

Macadamia shortbread (mini)


I just came back from my Taiwan trip.


Got a load of ideas and information, I need some time to edit both photo and my thought and will share my experience with you later.
And this time, my idea was coming from a novel, ^^. It's about two men, who live in Kobe and they really love (and enjoy) eating.  When they describe delicious things from famous shops and bakeries in Kobe I wish I could go to Japan right now!!!!
But all I can do is make it by myself. 
I tested the recipe many times until I end up with this cookie recipe.
Shortbread, that's packed with all the deliciousness from butter and macadamia nuts. I suggest you use your favorite butter as the aroma of it will make you happy.

The butter that I use is salty, adding 1/8 tsp of salt is enough for me but you can use more salt if you want.
Using a mini chopper is the easiest method but you can cut the butter into the flour (or use your fingertips) to mix it together like when making scones too.
The keys to making lovely cookies are keeping the dough cool before baking and if you have a mesh baking liner (like silpan) use it, it provides consistent heat distribution, so your cookies will be baked perfectly.



Macadamia shortbread (mini)
Makes 26 pieces



40 g ....................... Macadamia
120 g ..................... Cake flour
1/8 tsp .................... Salt
45 g ....................... Granulated sugar
16 g ....................... Rice flour
100 g ..................... Salted butter, cold, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
20 g ....................... Milk




Roast the Macadamia in the 180℃ preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.
Finely chop and let the Macadamia cool completely before using.


Put the cake flour, salt, granulated sugar, and rice flour into the mini chopper bowl, and process to combine.


Put the butter into the bowl and process until fully combined.


Pour the milk into the bowl and process.


Process until the dough started to form.


Pour the chopped macadamia nut into the bowl and process shortly only to lightly mix it.


Remove the dough from the bowl and press with the palm of your hand.


Until smooth.


Roll between a sheet of baking paper until it reaches 1 cm. thickness.


Refrigerate for 2 hours.


Cut the dough with a 3.5 cm. cutter.


Gather the scarp and cut with the cutter until you use all the dough.


You will get about 26 pieces. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, preheat an oven to 160℃


Bake the cookie in the 160℃ preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.


Let the cookies cool completely before serving.



Macadamia shortbread (mini)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...