Saturday, September 3, 2022

Strawberry Cocoa Brownie


Brownie is one of the cookies that I make it so often.


I always turn to brownie every time that I feel bad, or when the sweet that I test doesn't come out as good as I want, haha. For me, it's a comfort recipe, both for my mind (and my tummy).

Anyway, this time it was not a comfort zone, as I had to test it many times until I get the right recipe.
I want a cocoa brownie that's delicious and cute ^^.
When using cocoa powder the downside of it is the dryness, so I had to adapt other ingredients until I get a delicious and moist cocoa brownie (that's very cute too).

Because this brownie used fresh fruit (fresh strawberry), I suggest keeping the brownie in the fridge (put it in an air-tight container).
The baking time in the recipe is just a suggestion, you can bake it shorter (for moist brownies) or longer (for drier brownies) depending on your likeness.

Note: you can use dairy-free biscuits to make dairy-free brownies.



Strawberry Cocoa Brownie
Makes with 17.7 x 8.6 x 6 cm. pan


40 g ........................ Rice bran oil shortening
1/8 tsp .................... Salt
25 g ........................ Strawberry jam
40 g ........................ Brown sugar
30 g ........................ Granulated sugar
1 ............................. Egg
65 g ........................ All-purpose flour
20 g ........................ Cocoa powder
1/8 tsp .................... Baking powder
Topping
1 piece ................... Biscuit
1-2 ......................... Strawberries



Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line the  17.7 x 8.6 x 6 cm loaf pan with baking paper, and set it aside.


I use King rice bran oil shortening.



Put the rice bran oil shortening into a bowl with salt and beat until smooth.

Put strawberry jam, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the bowl and beat to combine.

Put the egg into the bowl and beat to combine.

Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the bowl.

Fold to combine.

Put the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.

Crush the biscuit into small pieces and cut the strawberries.

Press the biscuit and strawberries lightly onto the top of the batter.


Bake in the 180℃  Preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Let the brownie cool completely in the pan.


Strawberry Cocoa Brownie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...