Monday, November 14, 2011

Marble Crumb Cake: I know you need it!

I know that you have the same feeling ^^, someday you just want some cake that easy but delicious enough to comfort you. Crumb coffee cake is one of it.

Marble Crumb Cake
 You don't need anything much to crate it, flour, butter, egg and sugar they are all in your kitchen but for this time, I just add a bit of chocolate and cocoa powder (I know that you have them too, hehe). With your own magic, the simple ingredients will turn into something special , soft and moist "Marble Crumb Cake" ^^.
I don't like very dense cake (now, haha, I'm not in the mood for pound cake). I want something soft and crumbly so I adjust a bit of this and that until I have the cake that I really want to eat.
For the chocolate part I mix my 70% chocolate with 50% (I hope that it makes 60% , right, haha) because I find that 70% is too bitter for some of my family members, and 50% is too sweet for me, so I let it be your choice, go for the flavor that you want, use darker or lighter but beware of the sweetness too.
I don't tell you anymore about how to enjoy this cake, because I'm happy with it anyway ^^.



Marble Crumb Cake
Make 15x15cm cake 

Crumb topping
85g ................................ Plain flour (all purpose flour)
8g ................................... Cocoa powder
50g ................................ Brown sugar
50g ................................ Butter
Cake
115g ............................... Sugar
115g ............................... Butter
2 ..................................... Eggs
1tsp ................................ Vanilla extract
115g ............................... Plain flour (all purpose flour)

1¼tsp ............................ Baking powder
65g ................................. Dark chocolate, chopped
60ml ............................... Whipping cream (divided into 30/30) 

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line the pan with baking paper.

Make the crumb:

Mix all the ingredient together until it looks like bread crumbs.
Set aside until ready to use.


Make the cake:
Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy, add the vanilla extract and egg beat to combine.
Sift the flour with baking powder and add half of it into the butter, fold to combine, follow by 30ml of whipping cream, fold to combine.
Add the rest of the flour , fold to combine.
Melt the chocolate with 30ml of the whipping cream.
Scoop 1/3 of the cake batter into chocolate and mix until combine.


Pour both of the batter into the prepared pan and use a tip of knife to create a marble effect.
Put the cake into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, sprinkle the crumbs on top of the cake and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until toothpick insert in the center of the cake come out clean.
Marble Crumb Cake


Marble Crumb Cake: I know you need it!

11 comments:

  1. looks yummy and so tempting, cant wait to give it a try as the crumble topping really induce me, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'en piquerais bien un carré ou deux !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I need it and hungry now. Will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hye dear..The Marble Crumble cake is in my oven now..cant wait to see the result!!! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, eileenlee
    Thank you

    Hi, Priya
    Thank you
    Hi, LadyMilonguera
    Merci!

    Hi, Jes
    Oh, you should try this.

    Hi, ninazsyafinaz
    II hope that you happy with the cake ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished baking your marble cake... OMGGG it is sooo moist and lighttt...... definitely worth repeating.... Thank you for sharing such a wonderful cake...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm so good...wow, but although I created the marble design, my whole cake was chocolate by the time it was done. I researched the conversions grams to cups, etc. Somewhere something went wrong. For the 8g of cocoa, I used 1 1/2 tablespoon, for 85g flour I used 3/4 cup flour and where you indicate to use 115 flour, I used 1/4 cup flour, maybe I should have used 1 cup because it didn't seem like enough yellow batter. For the 50g of sugar and 50g butter I used 1/4 cup. My family loves this but again there was no yellow batter. It looked nothing like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you want to convert the recipe from gram to cup I suggest you using this tables
    BASIC PASTRY INGREDIENTS WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
    http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2007/11/basic-pastry-ingredients-weights-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, having problem cutting this cake all top fall off after cutting? Is it due to over bake coz I increase to 1 half portion n also baking timing?
    Thks Jas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them will fall, ^^ but it will be easier to cut if you refrigerate it until firm before cutting.

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...