Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Brown sugar banana nut cake: Simply the best!

 I wake up this morning with a feeling that I want to bake something, ^^, well I always be like this, I know. But I really had no idea which recipe I want to test or try. 

Brown sugar banana nut cake
 Suddenly I saw something on the dining table, "very, very ripe banana", the one that's good for nothing but a banana cake, hehe. And I know what I will bake, a banana cake, it's the right answer.
Banana cake is very easy to make, it's one of my favorite cakes, one of cakes that I can make by myself and there are a lot of recipe for this kind of cake. You can go for more or less banana (I love more ^^), use butter or oil, different flour or use whole wheat flour too. So if you want to try new recipe for each day for a month I know that you can, haha.
Anyway I don't have problem in choosing the recipe, I select the one from British Baking by Oliver Peyton, (you can see inside of the book here)the book that put me in baking mood for today. 
But following the original recipe is not what I can do, so turn it into something small and cute is my idea, and extra reason is I have only 2 bananas left, making the full recipe is not possible. And I beat the butter than melting it because I want my cake to be on soft and light side than compact. 
I know that everyone will be happy with this cake, warp it and tie the ribbon, it will become one of very welcome gift.
Adaptation from: British Baking by Oliver Peyton



Brown sugar banana nut cake
Make 5 mini loaves (5.5x10cm)

20g ............................... Nuts, roasted and chopped
100g ............................. Plain flour (all purpose flour)
½ tsp ........................... Baking soda
¼ tsp ........................... Salt
65g ............................... Unsalted butter
100g ............................. Brown sugar
1 .................................... Egg
2 .................................... Bananas (about 200g)
30g ............................... Buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
½ tsp ........................... Vanilla extract
....................................... sugar and chopped nut for decorating top of the cake (optional)



Preheat the oven to 180 °C
Sift the flour, and baking soda together.
Mash the banana, and set aside

  Beat the butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy, put the egg and vanilla into the butter and beat to combine follow by the mashed bananas.
 Divide the flour mixture into 2 , put half of the flour mixture into the batter,  beat until combine add the Buttermilk, follow with the rest of the flour, and chopped nut mix to combine.

Scoop the batter into the loafs, sprinkle with sugar and chopped nuts.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cake is spring when touch lightly.


Brown sugar banana nut cake

Brown sugar banana nut cake: Simply the best!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking cake, i can have it rite now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cardboard loaf pans are adorable!! love the recipe thank u for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best banana cake I ever made or tasted! It tastes absolutely divine when it is just out of the oven. Since the overall quantity was small, the batter fit in nicely in 12 medium muffin cases. Thanks for sharing. I've been a fan of yours for a long time now and I love your website!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...