Saturday, November 12, 2022

Financier Sticks


I can't remember how many financier recipes I posted on my blog, haha.


But I think it's more than 5. 
It's one of my favorite sweets and I can't stop trying new recipes. 
Today, it's a simple recipe in a new type of pan. Well, you know that I love to collect baking pans and I have large varieties of financier pans too. 
Anyway, I didn't think about buying this pan until my friend told me that she loves it and sent me a photo of the pan and her financier, and it's very cute.
So, I bought it but first I bought only a simple non-stick pan, and after baking, I fell in love with this shape. It's cute, and easy to serve and you can create a load of recipes from this pan. Finally, I ordered my pans from Japan (mine are 松永製作所 raft pans).

Because of the shape of the pan, the financier will be a long stick, I rest the batter for 3 hours to give it more strength, but if you are short of time, you can bake it after mixing the batter too.  

If you love financier, I suggest you have 2 pans and double the recipe as 6 pieces are not enough, haha.



Financier Sticks
6 pieces
(15.5×2.5×1.7 cm.) 


55 g ....................... Unsalted butter
28 g ....................... Almond powder
9 g ......................... Bread flour
14 g ....................... Cake flour
0.9 g ......................  Baking powder
55 g ........................ Egg whites
46 g ........................ Granulated sugar
9 g .......................... Honey
1/2 tsp .....................Vanilla extract
0.9 g......................... Salt
................................. Unsalted butter, and bread flour (or cake flour) for preparing the pan




Put the butter into a saucepan and place the saucepan over medium heat.

Until it becomes light brown in color.


Remove from the heat and let the butter cool. We will use it when it reaches 50℃.

Sift the almond powder, both kinds of flour, and baking powder together and set aside.

Mix the egg whites with granulated sugar.

Mix in the honey, salt, and vanilla extract.

Mix the sifted flour mixture into the egg white mixture gradually.

Pour the melted butter into the bowl.

Mix to combine.

Pour the batter into a piping bag. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Brush Financier pans with 6 cavities (the size of each piece is 15.5×2.5×1.7 cm.) with butter. Sift the cake (or bread) flour over the buttered pans. Turn the pan upside down, and tap to remove the excess flour.

Refrigerate until needed.


Remove the batter from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour.

Before baking, preheat an oven to 190℃


Pipe the batter into the prepared pan.


Bake for 12-13 minutes in the 190℃ preheated oven.


Remove from the pan.


Let the financier cool completely on a wire rack.


Financier Sticks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...