Friday, November 25, 2022

Banana Peanut butter Cake


Today, I put both of my favorite ingredients into one cake!


It's a combination of peanut butter and banana. 
Have I told you before that when I was a child, there was a time that I refused to eat other kinds of food except for bananas!!!!! 
Anyway, now I can (and love to) eat variety but this habit of eating the same thing that I like is still with me, ^^, you can see from the fact that I have a lot of the same recipe (with some variation) in my blog. 

Because the peanut butter contains nuts, I use it for the crumble and get the delicious peanut crumbles to add more deliciousness to the cake.
I use Skippy Chunky peanut butter but you can use the other brand (Jiff is another good option) if you use the healthy (or reduce sugar) kinds of peanut butter I suggest you increase the sugar amount in the recipe by 10-15% or you can be too dry. 



Banana Peanut butter Cake
Make 1 (17.7 x 8.6 x 6 cm. pan)



Crumble
25 g ............................ Chunky peanut butter
12 g ............................ Rice bran oil Shortening
20 g ............................ Cake flour
15 g ............................ Brown sugar
1/8 tsp ........................ Salt

Cake batter 
45 g ............................ Rice bran oil Shortening
100 g .......................... Chunky peanut butter
1/4 tsp ........................ Salt
50 g ............................ Brown sugar
130 g .......................... Ripe banana, peeled and cut into pieces
1 ................................. Egg
100 g .......................... Cake flour
1/2 tsp ........................ Baking powder




I use Rice bran oil shortening.

Preheat the oven to 170°C.
Line the  17.7 x 8.6 x 6 cm loaf pan with baking paper, and set it aside.


Put all the ingredients for the crumble topping into a bowl and mix until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Set aside.


Put the shortening, chunky peanut butter, and salt into a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until fully combined.
Add the brown sugar and beat until smooth.


Put the banana into the bowl and beat until smooth.


Put the egg into the bowl.


Beat to combine.


Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl.


Fold to combine.




Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Top with the crumble.

Bake in the 170°C preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.


Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.


Remove from the pan and let the cake cool completely.


Banana Peanut butter Cake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...