Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rum Ice cream: Cool down with light ice cream.

 The weather didn't get colder in Thailand, -*- I think that we don't have winter season anymore !!

 Anyway, I can't do anything except making something to cool my family down. Making ice cream is very easy if you have a machine, ^^, you just make custard base and the machine will do the rest of the work. The best benefit from making your own ice cream is you can make any flavor that you like. Lately I saw the recipe for savoury ice cream, but I still didn't have a chance to try it, making something adventurous need more than courage I need taster too, ^^.
So when I can't find someone to eat savoury ice cream, I made Rum ice cream instead, (Ok, I admit that I love everything with alcohol, haha). This recipe is quite light, the milk is a lot while whipping cream is less, I think it's good for accompanying desserts, too. I think I will make something to eat with it tomorrow, well, wish that I still have the ice cream left. 



Rum Ice cream
Serve 4



4 .................................... Egg yolks
70g ................................. Granulated sugar
......................................... A pinch of salt
270g ............................... Milk
40g ................................. Whipping cream
25g .................................. Rum




Beat the egg yolks with granulated sugar and salt until light in color.
Boil the milk with the whipping cream and pour it slowly into the yolks mixture, whisk all the time, until combine. Add the Rum, whisk to combine.
Place the mixture over low heat and heat until 80°C, whisk constantly. 
Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until cool.
Churn the mixture in an ice-cream machine. 


Rum Ice cream: Cool down with light ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. Have only just discovered your blog properly
    What wonderful recipes and lots of them too

    Jan Hewitt

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...