Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fruit and Nut Bars: I'm good for you !!

One bar that's full of good things for you ^^, and it's great because you can bake it by yourself, so you can put anything that you like into it too.

Fruit and Nut Bars
My Mom bought a lot of honey from the people in the village, it's very good with sweet fragrance. She asked me "Do you have any recipe to use it?" And Yes, I have, hehe, there are a lot of recipe that using this natural syrup.
But today I choose something that's good to our health too, the fruit and nut bars, the reason is it's use a lot of honey!!! Plus it's very easy to make. I like to buy this kind of energy bars and never made it by myself before, so it's quite interesting too.
Because I made it the first time I tried not to follow the original recipe but there are a bit of adaptation anyway, haha, I couldn't stop myself. I think about many thing that I can do by using this recipe as a base, there are a lot of flavor combination that I want to play with ^^. I think I don't have to buy the energy bars again. 



Fruit and Nut Bars
Makes 10-16 pieces (depend on how you cut it)

Fruit and nut bars
1cup/100g ............................. Quick-cooking rolled oats

⅔cup/ 95g  ……………….......... All purpose flour
¼ tsp …………………………...... Ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ……………………….....… Salt
⅛tsp ……………………....……. Baking powder
½ cup/ 100g …………....…… Firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup/140g ………………..... Dried apricot, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
⅛ cup/15g ........................... Dried cranberry
½ cup/ 50g ………………...... Sliced almonds
¼ cup/25g …………………....  Toasted wheat germ
1 ………………………………...... Large egg
¼ cup ………………………..…. Vegetable oil
¼ cup/95g …………………..... Honey
1tsp …………………………...…. Vanilla extract
Drizzle glaze
½ cup ………………………….. Icing sugar
2tsp …………………………….. Whole milk
¼ tsp ………………………….. Vanilla extract


Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 20x20cm cake pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour and baking powder.



 Stir flour mixture with the brown sugar, then add the rest of the dry ingredients, stir to combine.
Mix the egg, vegetable oil, honey and vanilla in another bowl.
Pour the wet ingredient into the flour mixture, just until blended; the mixture will not be very moist.
Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
When the cool, mix the ingredients for the drizzle glaze together.
Drizzle the glace over the bars. Let the glaze set for 10 minutes.


Fruit and Nut Bars


Fruit and Nut Bars: I'm good for you !!

7 comments:

  1. this looks very good. i absolutly love your blog.
    naglaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best and incredible bars..i'll happily have them everyday for my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for something for the handmade present with Christmas cards. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made this multiple times with different variations and stuff!! It super yummy - I really love it!! ^3^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick-cooking rolled oats .. is it an narmal oats in the can?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are oats that have been pressed slightly thinner than rolled oats. They cook more quickly, but retain less of their texture. Substitute: Rolled Oats or Instant Oats

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...