Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mascarpone Blueberry Biscuits: Soft and Mild biscuits

 I'm just coming back from Cook to cure: Fundraising Baking Workshop that I joined with my friend (you can see photos here), and all the fund will go to Phrabatnampu foundation that helps people who Phrabatnampu Temple located in Lopburi province, provides free shelter, food, medicine, clothing and all the other basic necessities to the HIV positive children and orphan with AIDS, who were abandoned by their families.

Anyway, beside from the fact that I was so tried, I opened the fridge and saw that I still got a Mascarpone that still waiting for me to turn it into something delicious ^^ . 
Actually I made this biscuit before, and that day because I had Mascarpone left from making Tiramisu and I didn't want to waste it. So I mixed it with Crème Fraîche and made the biscuit instead. 
The biscuit comes out from the oven with a sweet fragrance and have a mild taste, what can I say - all I want to tell you is it so soft and creamy.
I choose dried blueberry for this recipe, because all I want is something that not too tangy but not too sweet too, so with dried blueberry you will get both lovely smell and delicious taste too.
This recipe is so small (because the first time that I made it I had only 100g of Mascarpone left, hehe), so if your family love to eat biscuit you can double the recipe very easily, ^^.
Because this biscuit has mild taste, you can eat it with extra jam and butter (lightly salted will be great!), and my other suggestion is eat it with your favorite drink, ^^ I know that you will have a lovely afternoon break.   



Mascarpone Blueberry Biscuits
Makes 6

220g ............................... Cake flour
3tsp ................................ Baking powder
30g ................................. Sugar
¼tsp .............................. Salt
30g ................................. Dried blueberries 
100g ............................... Unsalted butter (cold and cut into small pieces)
70g .................................. Mascarpone 
30g ................................. Crème Fraîche
........................................ Milk, and sugar for brushing and sprinkle on top of the biscuits


Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
Line the baking sheet with baking paper or silicone baking mat.
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into the bowl.

  Put the dried blueberries into the bowl and stir to combine.
Mix together Crème Fraîche and Mascarpone in small bowl.
 Put the cold butter into the flour mixture, using the scraper or your finger mix the flour and butter together, until they look like breadcrumbs. 

 Pour the  Crème Fraîche and Mascarpon mixture into the bowl and stir lightly until the flour moisten. 
Take out of the bowl and knead lightly until smooth. 
 Pat the dough into rectangular and cut into 6.
Place the biscuits dough into the baking sheet, brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. 

Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Take off the oven and rest on the sheet for 10 minutes until firm up.
Serve warm with a cup of your favorite drink ^^.

Mascarpone Blueberry Biscuits: Soft and Mild biscuits

14 comments:

  1. The biscuits look like the English scones but you presented them well. They surely are mouth-watering delights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuits looks soo fluffy and light..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those biscuits look soo yummy! And seem like it melts in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleasing to the eyes and definitely pleasing to taste. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pook, do you think I can substitute mascarpone and creme fraiche with yogurt and whipping cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nicole
    If you want to use whipping cream and yogurt you can use about 20g of whipping cream and 5-10g of yogurt, and beware that the mixture of whipping cream and yogurt is thinner than creme fraiche.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reply. I noticed the mixture of mascarpone and creme fraiche is 100 grams but for yogurt and whipping cream is only about 30 grams. Correct?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, I misunderstand ^^", if using the whipping cream and yogurt instead of Marscapone, you will get different flavor, I think you should make http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com/2010/12/cranberry-creme-fraiche-biscuits-soft.html instead

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I think I will get mascarpone since you say the taste will be different. I am really attracted to this biscuit texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pook

    I tried this and the first bite was good but subsequent bite result in an aftertaste. Sort of like metallic.
    I noticed the baking powder is 3tsp. Is this too much? Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't notice that aftertaste ^^", most of my recipe use the same amount of baking powder.
    But if you have that problem, you can reduce the baking powder but your biscuit will be less puffy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you translate the measurements of the ingredients to cups ect? I'm dying for this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, magen
    you can use these chart as a guide.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...